Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

So my neighbor is a drug dealer....

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat So my neighbor is a drug dealer….

This topic contains 100 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by melikecheese melikecheese 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

…any thoughts on this?

I have not even been in the house for a week and it is already very clear. Cars pulling up, honk honk, out they come, hands in pocket, hand off some stuff, they have kids that bring out the “purse” from time to time and it looks like the kids even help keep watch. It even looks like they have one or two cars that go take it onto the street somewhere. They seem nice enough but there house is falling apart, its the worst one on the block and the people heading over to the place look shady as hell. This isn’t some nice mom selling bags of fine nuggets to college kids. When someone is clearing keeping watching up and down the streets I wonder just what is going on in the house…

I also don’t like the idea of them getting busted so soon to me moving in cause who knows what they might decide to do.

So has anyone been in this position?

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wow, do we live on the same street? I walk by these dudes every day running the same kind of operation. So far I haven’t bothered them & they haven’t bothered me…but I’d be happy to see them gone. Especially since they just dump their trash on the sidewalk. I suppose it’s too much to ask to keep your business area tidy.

Tenzo
    Login to Send PM

You want it gone?

Film it.
    Set up an Internet camera with a big floodlight on the camera.
    Put I sign saying the your premises is under video surveillance.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

You can call the police and see if they can get a operation set up to raid the place.
    If you are worried that they may think you reported them do not be. Dealers know and think that the cops are always watching them. They don’t live in the same place for long because of this. If you think the kids are in unsanitary conditions you can call children services and the health department. If they see something suspicious, they will report it to the police to and get the ball on investigation rolling a little quicker. When it is, just someone calling it takes longer to get the raid.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m not sure I’d be posting specific details like this on the web unless I was going to call the cops. Just my thoughts.

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

Man, good dealers are hard to find. It’s a shame, and awfully stupid, that they would be a menace to the neighborhood. If I were to make my living by illegal means, I’d be the best damn neighbor ever! Brownies anyone?!?

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve heard multiple stories where everyone knows stuff is going on, but nothing is done about it. Could the cops please just put a camera on the house or something? I just had a friend’s house get robbed and they know who did it. They even know where he lives, but they still haven’t arrested him. This stuff gets me so freakin angry.

melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

vestanpance wrote >>
    I’m not sure I’d be posting specific details like this on the web unless I was going to call the cops. Just my thoughts.

??? why is that, no one knows what street or anything other then this is in Columbus.

Tenzo
    Login to Send PM

Why not post the addy?
    What the heck would that harm?

Heck, post pictures

Patch
    Patch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

A quick question, are they renting or did they buy the house?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

melikecheese wrote >>

vestanpance wrote >>

??? why is that, no one knows what street or anything other then this is in Columbus.

is this your website? http://www.limitededitionvinyl.com/

Analogue Kid
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Believe it or not you can use the 311 service to report this kind of thing. I don’t know how effective it is but worth a shot.

http://311.columbus.gov/COCOSR/

michaelcoyote
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Had this problem once.. Talk to your other neighbors. Get involved with your blockwatch and get on a first name basis with the local police.. Also call the landlord and/or owner of the dealers building and let them know.. They generally don’t want dealers living in their places unless they’re total slumlords..

Feel free to set up a webcam, or take pictures on the downlow but I’d not really be seen doing so. If you do take pictures, make sure you get clear shots of the license plates and pictures of people that come and go a lot as well as the people that appear to be runners or directing customers to the apartment/house.. You’ve mentioned kids are involved, make sure you call youth services and let them know. If you take pictures send them everywhere and make sure you label them with the information you know.. I’ve got some examples I can PM you..

We were fortunate.. I had this problem and the people on my block were all over it.. We had blockwatch and the cops everywhere and the guy got evicted pretty much immediately. Drug dealers aren’t stupid.. If they realize that they’re going to get hassled then they move on.. If you don’t have a lot of involvement on your block you may need to do most or all this yourself.. Good luck..

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

michaelcoyote wrote >>
    Drug dealers aren’t stupid..

<— that is awesome :)

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

police are busy. the only way they find out about things going on is by people telling them. if you want to give info to the police, you can find your precinct number and call there and ask what to do, or you can call 645-4545 for the non emergency police number and ask what to do, they will give you another number for the narcotics unit.

this is what I got from the website for narcotics complaints http://www.columbuspolice.org/Units/Generic.html

NARCOTICS COMPLAINTS 645-4850 email: drugtips@columbuspolice.org

http://www.columbuspolice.org/CPDPhoneDirect/PhoneDirectory.html

I’ve got 2 dealers across the street from me and one around the corner. it was a very busy Summer, but Fall is here and things are slowing down.
    I have talked to a few neighbors, everyone is well aware of it. last person I talked to said dealers come and go in that neighborhood, has been that way ever since she can remember.

funny thing is, in the apt across the street, there was a dealer that lived there before this current one. one night a customer or whatever I guess broke in the front door, the dealer shot the guy, guy runs in my backyard, then hops the fence and runs down the alley where the cops get him. Needless to say, the dealer didn’t live there very much longer.
    also, it’s pretty neat to be driving back to your home to see about 10 police cars all lit up right in front of your house. all the neighbors were out on their porches.

I basically view my front window as the alternative to television at times. it’s kind of a joke at this point, but I did have to tell my neighbors to stop asking me for things like money, cigs and beer. I told them I would help them out with neighborly stuff, but I’m not there for handouts. No one bothers us anymore and things have been a little more discrete on their part. Nothing bad has happened to my property other than some minor litter from the customers. there have been times where it really concerned me and I thought about doing something about it, that comes and goes. I guess it really depends on where your comfort level resides. I take comfort in the fact that I will be moving to the Westside of 71 in the future. I really don’t see this house as my ‘forever’ home and neighborhood.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (memcached). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0