Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Winter Weather - News & Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Winter Weather – News & Discussion

This topic contains 1036 replies, has 146 voices, and was last updated by News News 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,037 total)
  • Author
    lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Why would we? it would have to be a snow emergency for us to get let off.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

no, this is a regular winter occurrence… :)

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

It’s coming down heavy up here in Westerville. How does it look down there? I’m the mood for some beer slushies and sledding!!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When I went home at noon for lunch it was a really ugly mess. I saw cars spinning out all over the place. When I drove back around an hour later it seems that the roads are much better/mostly wet. Not sure if it warmed up or the type of snow changed or what.

big difference though.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I actually drove the car around a bunch today as I had three meetings around town. Driving wasn’t too bad, but I was mostly on major roads. Left the office a bit before 4 to come home and play in the backyard with the kiddo before it got dark. Spent an hour building a snow-ramp for the sled, a snow-tunnel that he could crawl through, and various other snow-things. He’s loving it! :D

Tenzo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Weather report shows snow showers for the next 6 days!

Yea! Snow!

TaraK
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

How are people still running on the refrozen slush/winter muck that’s covering half the sidewalks? I busted my ass just walking around GV. Every time you hit an oasis of shoveled & salted sidewalk and pick up your pace, too quickly you find yourself stranded in the middle of an expanse of ice, shuffling to the nearest patch of dog pee-soaked, yellow snow sanctuary. Then a guy blows by sprinting like a gazelle, whereas you’re standing in the banana-colored slush feeling like Mario in that level where the planks keep falling the minute you jump on them.

Native Ohioans, how is this done?

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

TaraK wrote >>

Lemmie guess. You were wearing 4″ heels? ;-)

Seriously… widen your stride a bit and hunch down just a tad. Lowers your center of gravity. On thick sheets of ice I end up looking like a penguin, but keeps my ass off the pavement.

CooperGuy
    CooperGuy
    Login to Send PM

TaraK wrote >>
    How are people still running on the refrozen slush/winter muck that’s covering half the sidewalks? I busted my ass just walking around GV. Every time you hit an oasis of shoveled & salted sidewalk and pick up your pace, too quickly you find yourself stranded in the middle of an expanse of ice, shuffling to the nearest patch of dog pee-soaked, yellow snow sanctuary. Then a guy blows by sprinting like a gazelle, whereas you’re standing in the banana-colored slush feeling like Mario in that level where the planks keep falling the minute you jump on them.

Thought the same thing once after we went winter hiking in the Hocking Hills. We were sliding/falling/tumbling along ice covered rocks and steep trails wondering if we would ever be able to climb out of the valley, when a jogger trotted by like he was running a marathon. Turns out he had running shoes that had little spikes in them similar to golf shoes.

Now 4″ heels with spikes might be somewhat interesting…….

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Yaktrax! Highly recommended…

GW_Justice
    GW_Justice
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Yaktrax are OK for occasional users but are not strong enough for runners.

STABILicers are more expensive but will not fall apart as fast.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I love the ease of YakTrax, but agree that they didn’t last very long under abuse. YakTrax Pro seem to be holding up a lot longer…. and I will be checking out the STABILicers, fo’ sho’!!

Lakee911
    Lakee911
    Login to Send PM

Shall we get this thread cranked up?

It has started flurrying up around Polaris…

Lakee911
    Lakee911
    Login to Send PM

Shall we get this thread cranked up?

It has started flurrying up around Polaris…

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The drive in was horrible. I was cursing the other drivers for being so freakin slow in a little bit of snow. Then I tried to stop…..

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,037 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?