Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Smothered Gravy Grand Opening 2/12/2011

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Smothered Gravy Grand Opening 2/12/2011

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jeannetta0711 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Jeannetta0711
    Login to Send PM

Smothered Gravy Grand Opening 2/12/2011

1114 E. Main St. Corner of Champion Avenue

Columbus, Ohio

Read Eugena Dade Story (click on link if you haven’t already read her story) Then read what I had to say about my best friend/sister.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2010/09/14/no-stopping-her.html

My name is Jeannetta, I am Eugena lifelong friend/sister, and we have known each other for over 30 yrs. The delay in opening SMOTHERED GRAVY was due to fact that among other things going on in Eugena life she had to take care of her dying sister. Her sister passed away on December 16, 2010. My friend has been through hell. However, she still is determined to open. Opening Day for Smothered Gravy is scheduled for Feb 12, 2011. My friend Eugena first love is cooking, I told her about all of you and your comments, she invites all of you to call or stop by to say hello, her telephone to the Restaurant is 614 252-3203. She said call anytime, and if she doesn’t answer, leave a message and she will get back to you. My friend also needs an Administrative assistant for her office, does anyone know of anyone who would be interested, and who loves to be around food? Finally, she might get mad with me for telling you all this, but here goes. Eugena Land Lord, who she rents the Restaurant from, ripped her off big time, by charging her rental for her own appliances and equipment that she herself purchased. Eugena just said it is what it is; I can’t let it stop me. I think that was a horrible thing to do to anyone. These are some of the hurdles that Eugena has overcome, and she has finally made it. Please tell everyone you know about Smothered Gravy. Eugena is a kind, sweet, loving lady who said just the other day, with tears streaming down her face, Thank you Lord; I couldn’t have made it without you. Come enjoy Eugena good cooking, I know you all will love her and her good cooking, just like I do.

drew
    drew
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Glad she’s persevering, very much looking forward to trying it out!

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for posting Jeannetta. I can’t wait to try this place, so glad to see it’s opening soon.
    What are the hours for opening day? Are there set hours of operation yet?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We can’t wait to try it, good luck on your opening weeks!

If you need any good resources/love/advice/support/peers, I urge you to check out the Central Ohio Restaurant Association. http://www.centralohiorestaurants.org

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thanks for the update.
    I can’t wait to check it out!

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anyone thinking of heading over there this weekend?

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Are they open?

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I haven’t had a chance to drive by, but Jeannetta said they’re scheduled to open this Saturday.

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

BreakfastwithNick wrote >>
    I haven’t had a chance to drive by, but Jeannetta said they’re scheduled to open this Saturday.

Any idea on the hours?

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

No, but I can try to call them in a little bit.

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

BreakfastwithNick wrote >>
    No, but I can try to call them in a little bit.

Sorry should have stated that I tried to do that and the number is coming up as not in service. I promise I’m not that lazy :)
    I hope everything is OK or maybe the number was listed incorrectly?

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ah, I gotcha! Thanks for checking on it.

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Drove by there this morning. Sign in the window says, “Not open – thank you!” No one in there. Space looks nice, almost like it’s ready to go. Hopefully she can get it open soon.

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

Any updates on this? Number is still not working.

BreakfastwithNick
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Nothing so far. I’m going to do more research for an article. Will let you know what I find out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?