Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping Events & Deals

Small Business Saturday 11/24 - $25 free for AmEx cardholders

Home Forums Events Shopping Events & Deals Small Business Saturday 11/24 – $25 free for AmEx cardholders

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pez 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

Went with a friend to a bunch of small immigrant owned places in the 161 area (while hitting Easton also). Most had not heard of small business Saturday. It was fun and they were grateful for the business. I had planned on shopping in the SN, but never made it down there. I am sure the SN will get my business in the following weeks.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Small Business Saturday is Sluggish in Columbus
    NEWS — BY WALKER EVANS
    NOVEMBER 26, 2012 AT 8:00 AM

Now in its third year, the Small Business Saturday event has become relatively well known throughout the United States. For the initiated, this annual sales event was created in 2010 by American Express as an alternative to the big box shopping of Black Friday and the e-commerce sales of Cyber Monday. The program encourages shoppers to spend their dollars with participating small businesses and entices those shoppers to pay using their American Express card through a cashback reward incentive.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/small-business-saturday-is-sluggish-in-columbus/

susank
    Login to Send PM

We were in the SN on Saturday. I used my Amex card but didn’t think the sale offerings were any better or different than BF or what is offered in the general holiday season. I agree that having it so soon after BF seems like a bad idea.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

susank said:
    We were in the SN on Saturday. I used my Amex card but didn’t think the sale offerings were any better or different than BF or what is offered in the general holiday season. I agree that having it so soon after BF seems like a bad idea.

Also the timing with The Game.

susank
    Login to Send PM

lifeontwowheels said:
    Also the timing with The Game.

Getting away from my boyfriend and his football buddies was why we went shopping :)

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

susank said:
    Getting away from my boyfriend and his football buddies was why we went shopping :)

+1

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Shoppers Spend $5.5 Billion on Small Business Saturday
    BY CHERYL WINOKUR MUNK

Many small businesses have a reason to be jolly this holiday season. Despite lingering economic concerns, Small Business Saturday sales data is slightly better than expected.

U.S. Consumers spent $5.5 billion at small businesses on Saturday Nov. 24, according to the Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey, released yesterday by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) and American Express (Amex).

READ MORE: http://www.entrepreneur.com/blog/225087

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Shopping Events & Deals’ is closed to new topics and replies.