Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Sledding in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sledding in Columbus?

This topic contains 38 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by JedThorp JedThorp 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Tagged

sledding

snow

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

10TV was LIVE from Sharon Woods @ 5….Sharon Woods has that big slope there.

Mae
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I heard that there is a good hill at Clinton-Como Park.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Good sledding in Pickerington today. The hill is in the park next to City Hill. There seems to be a parking lot behind the senior center that gives access to the top. Decent size slope. Only complaint was that the people sledding didn’t quite understand the concept of walk on the side, sled in the middle.

kcrissinger
    Login to Send PM

Big Run is SW Columbus has a great hill. It used to be a derby hill.

It is pretty far back in the park.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

10sun
    10sun
    Login to Send PM

kcrissinger wrote >>
    Big Run is SW Columbus has a great hill. It used to be a derby hill.
    It is pretty far back in the park.

The only problem I could see with Big Run is getting back up the hill because you will go a LONG WAY.

deraj1013
    deraj1013
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

From Dispatch.com…

Sled hills around Columbus

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Bump!

Looks like we might be getting some more snow this weekend.

Who’s ready for some sledding? :D

short pants
    short pants
    Login to Send PM

I grew up sledding at the spot on the Scioto river @ fishinger/riverside dr in Arlington
    They put bails of hay up so you don’t Sunny Bono on a tree or sled into the river lol
    Kids build snow ramps too, nothing like catching air on a plastic saucer :-D

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

anyone go sledding today?

M.O.
    M.O.
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anne said:
    anyone go sledding today?

Our kids wanted to, but you can still see the top of the grass here on the northwest side. That didn’t stop a few folks from making mud tracks down Wilson Bridge hill.

I just looked at the 10-day forecast — looks like we’re going to be pretty light on snow for January.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

We hit the small hill next to the rec center building at Indian Village this morning. Not a lot of snow on the ground, but fun enough for a four year old. ;)

consular ship
    Login to Send PM

+1 to Big Run and Darby Creek. I recall the hill at Gantz Park in Grove City being nice as well.

racheltb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We went over to Clinton Como this morning. Sledding was a bit frustrating because the snow was so light. My uncle sent pictures from his foot+ of snow in Cleveland and my daughter is totally jealous.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

racheltb said:
    We went over to Clinton Como this morning. Sledding was a bit frustrating because the snow was so light. My uncle sent pictures from his foot+ of snow in Cleveland and my daughter is totally jealous.

Watch out in that park, there’s a good chance the new gas line will go through there (it’s that or the research wetlands) and they’ll need to close off and disturb a big area. They’ll need a “layout area” where they weld together sections of pipe before boring them under the river.

The property manager from parks and rec was at that recent meeting, complaining that anytime a project disturbs a park like this, it’s never fully restored. So I suggest you take some Before pictures now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?