Our City Online

Messageboard - Video Games

SimCity 2013

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Video Games SimCity 2013

This topic contains 114 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    I’m sure everyone who ever seriously played any version of Sim City has tried to recreate their hometown. ;)

Haha yea, I tried making Columbus next to the Ocean once.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

If only SimCity 2013 would still come in that big box, gold lettering, and several floppy disks :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:
    If only SimCity 2013 would still come in that big box, gold lettering, and several HUNDRED floppy disks :)

Fixed that for you. ;)

gramarye
    gramarye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I never simulated my hometown back when I played the original on Win3.1 … of course, my hometown was 520 people, so I would have run out of ideas and options pretty quickly.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

my town always had like 5 stadiums. It was a happening place for sporting events.

*shift* F-U-N-D-S

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Did anyone else have SimAnt, SimTower, SimFarm, or SimLife? I believe those came bundled with SimCity 2000 in a deluxe edition pack….needless to say, Maxis had a grip on my productivity….

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

SimTower was fun. TinyTower is sort of similar.

SimFarm was pretty awesome too. I was the king of strawberries!

peanutnozone
    peanutnozone
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Super excited for this. I’m going to get a new computer just to have it.

I remember all the iterations of Sim. SimFarm was funny…but normally my livestock would get loose and get run over by cars…the sound it made was actually pretty funny!

I remember seeing a preview many years ago for SimMars…where you could terraform Mars? That always seemed like an amazing thing to have as a game…forget creating the land on your city, create the entire planet! Although there some elements of that in Spore, I didn’t care for Spore, it was really cartoony and not realistic enough in my opinion.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The one thing I really hated about SC4 was the fact that without developing surrounding cities, the growth of you’re main central city would slow to a halt. This required saving and loading, saving and loading, over and over again, surrounding cities to build them up and create more commerce for the enitie region. Only then, would the central city grow again. This was annoying beyond belief and such an inconvenience. I would hope for one mega map region so that several cities could be linked together by highways and rail, sort of like if you had the 3C’s on one giant grided map. The distance may not be the same scale but the map would be large enough to allow for total separation.

I cannot wait for SC5, not that I have as much time as I used to. It’s a good thing I just bought this i7. That should help with the extra graphics.

NerosNeptune
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jimbach said:
    After SC 2000 the level of detail became more involved than I cared about. But I’ll be curious to try the latest iteration.

This, but I’ll give it a shot, and probably go back to 2000, which I still play…

OK wow gameplay looks really fantastic.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

EA is crapping the bed with their online-connection required DRM, and also requiring you to purchase it exclusively through their lame Origin service.

I may pass.

pez
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    EA is crapping the bed with their online-connection required DRM, and also requiring you to purchase it exclusively through their lame Origin service.

I may pass.

A lot of us agree with you.[/url] As much as I love the Simcity franchise, this is a far overreach and I’ll be passing on this one.

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

That always online stuff is crap. Did you know that there are areas in Franklin County (possibly areas even within the Columbus city limits) that don’t have access to high-speed internet? Hell, if my roommate wasn’t in grad school we probably wouldn’t even have internet at home — we didn’t before he started. I am not going to spend $50 a month just to play a one-player game.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?