Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Short North Donatos Demolition and New Build

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Short North Donatos Demolition and New Build

This topic contains 97 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Nancy H 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Would also like to see some residential added to the project. I think this bodes well for the White Castle, UDF and check cashing sites when considering redevelopment. It would not surprise me at all if one or more of those sites were drastically different just 5 years from now. We are running out of space within a red hot neighborhood and those sites will become prime targets.

Geno99
    Participant

Would also like to see some residential added to the project. I think this bodes well for the White Castle, UDF and check cashing sites when considering redevelopment. It would not surprise me at all if one or more of those sites were drastically different just 5 years from now. We are running out of space within a red hot neighborhood and those sites will become prime targets.

Hmmm… now let’s see, would I want to live upstairs from a White Castle or a Pizza Parlor? Beef and onions or tomato and garlic? Decisions, decisions…

mbeaumont
    Participant

I’d gladly sacrifice the drive-thru for an expanded building footprint…

Along the line of a bigger building, while I assume the IVC and others have already provided plenty of guidance/opinion…

As I stated above, the drive through is not going away, it will be re-configured. Also, as stated above, these are concept renderings, the IVC has not reviewed them yet.

Pablo
    Participant

Does anyone know if this project is moving forward? This morning I noticed the City Division of Power was installing protective yellow covers on the power lines at the back of the property. These covers are usually used to protect construction workers in the immediate area.

whopper jr
    whopper jr
    Participant

Yes, I heard from a reliable source it is moving forward.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Yes, I heard from a reliable source it is moving forward.

Great news!

Pablo
    Participant

Drove by during lunch and noticed the power line covers were gone – I guess I was premature in hoping the project was underway :-/

goldenidea
    Participant

Drove by during lunch and noticed the power line covers were gone – I guess I was premature in hoping the project was underway :-/

There was a lot of work being done to the roof of the residential building on E1st Ave from the alley directly the Donatos lot. The alley was blocked and as I recall they had scaffolding and/or a boom lift involved. My bet is that the powerline covers were installed for that project. That work is now complete.

Pablo
    Participant

There was a lot of work being done to the roof of the residential building on E1st Ave from the alley directly the Donatos lot. The alley was blocked and as I recall they had scaffolding and/or a boom lift involved. My bet is that the powerline covers were installed for that project. That work is now complete.

Thanks! That makes sense.

News
    Participant

Proposal Calls For Replacing Donatos Building in Short North
    September 12, 2014 3:41 pm – Brent Warren

A new proposal from Elford Development calls for demolishing the 1990′s-era Donatos building at 920 North High Street in the Short North. Replacing the existing one-story building would be a two-story structure featuring a redesigned Donatos as well as space for three additional retail or office tenants.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/proposal-calls-for-replacing-donatos-building-in-short-north-bw1

goldenidea
    Participant

Just curious, are the designs of this building and Wood’s Brunner building, to be built on adjacent lots to the north, being considered together? Probably so, but I figure it merits attention.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Just curious, are the designs of this building and Wood’s Brunner building, to be built on adjacent lots to the north, being considered together? Probably so, but I figure it merits attention.

They are, yes. When the developer of the new Donatos building spoke to the Italian Village Society he mentioned that the north side of their building was designed with the assumption that it would be abutting another building in the near future.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

jtwill84
    Participant

“It’s very exciting,” he said. “There will be a great upper-floor deck.”

This is the part that excites me the most about this project. A second-story deck/patio? Yes please.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

“It’s very exciting,” he said. “There will be a great upper-floor deck.”

This is the part that excites me the most about this project. A second-story deck/patio? Yes please.

I wish more places took advantage of this.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.