Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Segways tours of downtown Columbus, Opening Soon!!!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Segways tours of downtown Columbus, Opening Soon!!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Segaway 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Segaway
    Login to Send PM

Founded, owned and operated by entrepreneur David Weller, SegAway Tours of Columbus combines the comfort and novelty of Segway i2 Personal Transporters and the rich history, beautiful parks and vibrant downtown attractions of the City of Columbus. A two-hour tour with over 50 points of interest gives both residents and visiting guests an entertaining and enlightening perspective of the city, while also allowing them to experience a fun and comfortable ride on the Segway.

Led by experienced tour guides, each glide around the city includes a training session on the Segway before leaving the starting point. Tours begin and end at The Greater Columbus Convention Center, where SegAway Tours of Columbus is headquartered; at points of interest along the route, tour guides provide historic facts, stories and anecdotes about each site and attraction.

Tours cost $55 per rider, and should be scheduled with a reservation. Weller says interested riders can begin making reservations April 15th, with the tours starting during the first week of May. For additional requirements, questions or to make a reservation, contact David Weller at 614.222.3005 or email him at Tours@SegAwayToursofColumbus.com.

Check us out: http://www.segawaytoursofcolumbus.com

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

Sounds fun! Where is that picture on the bottom of the guys site from?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I wish the Segway Wizard could lead some of the tours.

JonMyers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When Chuck Hootman were in Austin for SXSW we saw a Segway tour going down. It seemed like the people on the tour were having a good time.

I hope these guys do really well.

nexttuesday
    nexttuesday
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Awesome. I went on one in Atlanta and it was really fun. This will be a great thing to suggest to out-of-towners and to take visitors to.

enzo
    enzo
    Login to Send PM

That is a great idea…I would still love to see some Xtreme Segway demo’s!! Can two people go on one? Sometimes I would like one to get to they gym at lunch super fast so that I do not have to cut class short!

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

can you jump a ramp with a segway?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think they’re heavy aren’t they? That said.. you “can” ramp anything.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Gig3000
    Login to Send PM

I took a Segway tour last night! Downtown was so beautiful! I didn’t realize it was so lite up for Christmas. By the Riverfront was a wonderland. Also, there is a 30ft banner everyone was signing to send to Newtown CT. Christmas music was playing. Great experience.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

If a Segway and a Vespa had a child. It would be cool to see these rolling around Cbus …

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?