Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

Scoot A Que 13 September 17-19

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events Scoot A Que 13 September 17-19

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by vespamary vespamary 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    roy
    roy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Is there a two-wheeled MV advocacy group who could talk the mayor out of the ridiculous $50 registration sticker system for scooter/motorcycle parking? Surely the fines they’ve collected would pay for new signage.

Tigertree
    Tigertree
    Login to Send PM

What fines? No one uses those spaces since the $50 sticker started.

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The kickoff last night was lovely. Special thanks to Liberte Crepes for the deliciousness. Getting ready to ride “cupcake” (I just heard that term last night) on Rockmastermike’s Vespa. WOOT!

dayglo
    Login to Send PM

now i know why there were probably 50ish scooters parked in front of the north market on park st this morning…

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The ride was gorgeous! First was a spectacular breakfast at North Market, courtesy of CaJohn and Crimson Coffee. Special thanks to VespaMary for pulling that part together.

We wove about 50 miles around New Albany and Westerville, including crossing Hoover Dam. The water levels were severely low but the view was still spectacular. The core group of the Columbus Cutters made sure the riders stayed together and safe while working within the law. It was one of the best rides yet. I’m looking forward to going back to Hoover Dam in the fall when the leaves are changing.

We had an unexpected layover in Gahanna when we ended the ride sooner than expected. Thankfully, the bartenders at Lounge 62 didn’t bat an eyelash when we all parked and spilled into the bar for a drink. The owner did go out to see the scooters in his parking lot and came back in, looking rather wide-eyed at the spectacle. After that, it was off to Gahanna Moose Lodge for an early dinner and some beers. What a hospitable group of people they were!

Tonight is the Zombie Prom at Outland. I need a nap before deciding what to wear.

Jeff Regensburger
    Jeff Regensburger
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Great event this weekend! I wasn’t able to participate in all the activities, but I certainly enjoyed the breakfast at North Market and the Zombie Prom at Outland.

Apparently I met Drew from Columbus Underground too. It didn’t occur to me to ask whether it was dru or drew, so a little clarification would be appreciated.

Also, congratulations to this year’s grand prize drawing winner! I can’t think of anyone more deserving!!! ;)

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We left early. Who got the loot?

dru
    dru
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

jeff_r wrote
    Apparently I met Drew from Columbus Underground too. It didn’t occur to me to ask whether it was dru or drew, so a little clarification would be appreciated.

dru

nice meeting you at the breakfast, wish I could have done more of the Que but Columbus just had so much going on this weekend.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

Tigertree wrote >>
    What fines? No one uses those spaces since the $50 sticker started.

i use them daily. i sucked it up and paid the $50 bc i wanted to be able to park anytime, anywhere.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pro tip:

don’t pass out in zombie makeup. ew.

Awesome weekend.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.