Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Skyview Towers Apartments on Sawyer Blvd.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Skyview Towers Apartments on Sawyer Blvd.

This topic contains 309 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  carnasiruis 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    sweetpotato
    sweetpotato
    Login to Send PM

anybody know anything else about skyview towers please don’t be shy!! i’m interested….

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

An affordable alternative to living on campus
    By Morgan Passmore

While living close to campus is typically a top priority for students, so is affordability. There is now a great new housing option available near the downtown area. Skyview Towers, previously government subsidized housing, has recently been completely renovated and offers a great location and an affordable price for students.

READ MORE: http://uweekly.com/newsmag/08-04-2010/15301/an-affordable-alternative-to-living-on-campus

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>
    By Morgan Passmore
    While living close to campus is typically a top priority for students, so is affordability. There is now a great new housing option available near the downtown area. Skyview Towers, previously government subsidized housing, has recently been completely renovated and offers a great location and an affordable price for students.
    READ MORE: http://uweekly.com/newsmag/08-04-2010/15301/an-affordable-alternative-to-living-on-campus

interesting comment on that article. new student population = freshmeat?

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>
    By Morgan Passmore

That’s some top notch journalism there.

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

Cookie wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    By Morgan Passmore

i dont mean to sound like an asshole but they really down played how dangerous the area is immediately surrounding the towers. i’ll say it again you couldn’t pay me to live in there. some say im crazy for being over here but at least i have some distance.

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

CDS sherman wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    By Morgan Passmore

i dont mean to sound like an asshole but they really down played how dangerous the area is immediately surrounding the towers. i’ll say it again you couldn’t pay me to live in there. some say im crazy for being over here but at least i have some distance.

That article reads like an ad for Skyview Towers.

cc
    cc
    Login to Send PM

Yeah, it is pretty much an ‘ad-icle’. I am sure Uweekly will be getting some revenue from future VTT ads.

My fear is that they will market this to out of state and international students going to OSU who will really not grasp the distance from campus and the current nature of the immediate area. Caveat emptor.

NOBOPatriot
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

As an OSU alumn – campus area/and East of High and OSN all have issues. The SKYVIEW building probably is actually safer than E 11th Ave – saw this response below – good snapshot

“Agreeably, the immediate couple streets at base are sketchy – but there are sketchy streets and blocks in places like VV and GV too. The main scenario is the isolation with 670 Border to the north/and then the other housing projects in the immediate vicinity

A diffirent story is Mt Vernon South to Long and Broad, which is getting nice – FAST. Especially with NOBO east to Hamilton (your street). The Whitney condos are now a fact and pretty damn impressive. There is also more petty crime in the Old North side based on density – the main point is that SKYVIEW is a huge improvement over 5 years ago and demonstrates the area is improving – although the speed seems glacial – it is nonetheless real and trending way positive. “

Re: OTE tour – if Olde Towne was not as nice as it is King Lincoln and other Near East areas (NOBO) Franklin Park would not have seen the investment, resurgence and reonovation they have experienced and is now underway – KLD is leveraging OTE redevelopment activities in a big way. For the record: Broad to Long is part of OTE and KLD and as OTE gets better and better – KLD will benefit immeasureably! Please indulge IMHO epistle!

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

NOBOPatriot wrote >>
    As an OSU alumn – campus area/and East of High and OSN all have issues. The SKYVIEW building probably is actually safer than E 11th Ave – saw this response below – good snapshot
    “Agreeably, the immediate couple streets at base are sketchy – but there are sketchy streets and blocks in places like VV and GV too. The main scenario is the isolation with 670 Border to the north/and then the other housing projects in the immediate vicinity
    A diffirent story is Mt Vernon South to Long and Broad, which is getting nice – FAST. Especially with NOBO east to Hamilton (your street). The Whitney condos are now a fact and pretty damn impressive. There is also more petty crime in the Old North side based on density – the main point is that SKYVIEW is a huge improvement over 5 years ago and demonstrates the area is improving – although the speed seems glacial – it is nonetheless real and trending way positive. “
    Re: OTE tour – if Olde Towne was not as nice as it is King Lincoln and other Near East areas (NOBO) Franklin Park would not have seen the investment, resurgence and reonovation they have experienced and is now underway – KLD is leveraging OTE redevelopment activities in a big way. For the record: Broad to Long is part of OTE and KLD and as OTE gets better and better – KLD will benefit immeasureably! Please indulge IMHO epistle!

were not talking about NOBO or south of long or broad, were talking about the former sawyer towers and mt vernon plaza. im very familiar with the area, and i think its a bit of stretch for a newspaper to not include the criminal element. lets not forget about Alix either. her car was shot while she was driving down atcheson and trevitt dropping off a friend, she was hit in the neck and paralyzed…. it may be a few blocks away from the towers, still kinda scary. i was told she was dropping off a friend who lived on trevitt and they were CCAD students. were they caught in the crossfire of a gang shootout? were they targeted for “looking out of place”? i think the crime is still unsolved with no suspects.

i would never advocate for anyone to live in east fton unless they have a good understanding of the dynamics in the area. it is not for the naive and soft spirited……

sweetpotato
    sweetpotato
    Login to Send PM

The price has increased $100/month. They have not updated the website to make the public aware. Honestly, if it has a high security, what the hell? why not…All utilities paid, including 75 cable channels. Wifi on the first floor…a gym. If you love heroin and crack it’s the best neighborhood ever. If you don’t, you are so close to freeways it’s not even funny…It’s not that bad IMO.

cc
    cc
    Login to Send PM

$525 for a small apartment in a bad area is not a deal.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Yes a quick check of the Columbus area Crime map will tell you that 525 a month is not worth it not yet anyway.

sweetpotato
    sweetpotato
    Login to Send PM

I’ve decided to move into Skyview Towers. I will keep you all posted. You’ll probably be really jealous that I’m living in a gated high security building with all utilities paid for including cable. It doesn’t hurt that the first floor has a basketball gym, laundry room, convience store, free wifi, and other nice things im sure. Don’t be a hater because i’m about to get all that for $525 a month.

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

sweetpotato wrote >>
    I’ve decided to move into Skyview Towers. I will keep you all posted. You’ll probably be really jealous that I’m living in a gated high security building with all utilities paid for including cable. It doesn’t hurt that the first floor has a basketball gym, laundry room, convience store, free wifi, and other nice things im sure. Don’t be a hater because i’m about to get all that for $525 a month.

after you move in stand in your bathroom. look into the mirror and say candyman 3 times. i dare you….

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

sweetpotato wrote >>

I’d honestly be interested in hearing what you think of the place.

Just drop the weird attitude about it. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 321 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?