Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Skyview Towers Apartments on Sawyer Blvd.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Skyview Towers Apartments on Sawyer Blvd.

This topic contains 309 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  carnasiruis 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 321 total)
  • Author

carnasiruis
    Login to Send PM

Can someone tell me about the area around 525 Sawyer Blvd. Around a 1 mile in radius from the address. I am fairly new to Cbus and don’t know the area. I don’t own an auto so I’m wondering about grocery, resturant, and shopping access. How easy is it to get the basic? How easy is it to be entertained? Etc…?

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

one thing be careful walking around there at night. mt vernon plaza has a variety of things. the closet grocery store may be a bit of hike. the only one i could think of would be kroger on main st or the save alot on main.

carnasiruis
    Login to Send PM

I’m currently in Olde North. Would it be a good move to that area or should I look to something elsewhere? I really love the Olde North and can’t imagine anything in the city matching this area.

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

well sawyer blvd sits in one of the densest parts of the city to be occupied by low income and public housing. has very limited access to grocery and shopping. im not trying to dog on the area, all the same can be easily said about my neighborhood especially the safety issue. if you want to be in that area you should look around hamilton or long st. personally i think its a bit safer.

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

do you mean you live in old north columbus, between campus and clintonville? if so, stay there, it is a much better area for ” grocery, resturant, and shopping access(and entertainment)”. and safety and commuting without a car.

carnasiruis
    Login to Send PM

Yes, I am in the “Awesome Town” of Olde North, just 2 blocks south of Clintonville. I am lookin gto move because my landlords put my place up for sale.

I recieved a mailing from The Skyview Towers which is located on Sawyer Blvd. The offer seemed a bit to good. $425 a month, all utilities paid and 75 channel cable for free, plus a number of other things at comp.

Thanks for the info.

CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

you couldn’t pay me to live in those towers. is that what they renamed sawyer towers? candyman candyman candyman…. oh shit! bees everywhere!

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

there’s a reason rents are cheap there. you get what you pay for. Start looking for 1 bdrms on 4th and Summit

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    CDS sherman
    CDS sherman
    Login to Send PM

i love this from there website.

“Experience the amenities and lifestyle of downtown Columbus. Live in the midst of all the activity where professional sports, museums, the zoo and events are all near this quality apartment community for an affordable price.”

the zoo is no where near this place, did these out of towners do there home work?

carnasiruis
    Login to Send PM

Wow, thanks for all the info. I guess I will take that place off my list and stick to Olde North.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

more here:

http://www.theskyviewtowers.com/

oddest quote: “Live in the midst of all the activity where professional sports, museums, the zoo and events are all near this quality apartment community for an affordable price.”

Yea the area is improving for sure, but that place has a bad track record and I would not personally want to shack up there just yet.

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

carnasiruis
    Login to Send PM

Thanks, I did look at that site, but it didn’t give alot of info about the area, which is why I came here.

What is the name of that area? Just so I can learn more about this great city.

heresthecasey wrote >>
    more here:
    http://www.theskyviewtowers.com/
    oddest quote: “Live in the midst of all the activity where professional sports, museums, the zoo and events are all near this quality apartment community for an affordable price.”
    Yea the area is improving for sure, but that place has a bad track record and I would not personally want to shack up there just yet.

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

On a related note ….

http://columbus.bizjournals.com/columbus/stories/2010/08/02/story10.html

Former Sawyer Towers complex attracts tenants since reopening
    Business First of Columbus – by Brian R. Ball
    Friday, July 30, 2010
    Modified: Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 8:00am EDT

When VTT Management Inc. bought the Sawyer Towers public housing in October, CEO Vaios Theodorakos hoped the Columbus project would attract eight to 12 new tenants a month.

A bit more than a month on the market, the first half of the renamed Skyview Towers has signed 50 tenants following extensive renovations to the two-building complex.

“It’s been received well,” Theodorakos said. “Way beyond our expectations.”

VTT Management, based in suburban Boston, bought the 392-apartment complex off Leonard Avenue on the east side for $2 million from the Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority, which was selling several public housing projects it operated. VTT has put $3 million into one of the towers and expects to invest $2 million in the other high-rise during the next two years. The renovations have included an indoor basketball court, fitness center, boxing gym, pool room and laundry facilities.

READ MORE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 321 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?