Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Chef Rosendale is leaving Columbus - Restaurant to Remain Open

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chef Rosendale is leaving Columbus – Restaurant to Remain Open

This topic contains 129 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

GhettoBuddha wrote >>
    The problem is those people do not see the Short North as a neighborhood, but rather a theme park, a neat little get away to tell their friends about. High street is just a veneer and unfortunately that is all people see. They see my yard as something to be trampled on as they park on the permit only side streets in a rush to get to that great restaurant.

Some people might see the valet service as a solution to that problem.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

GhettoBuddha wrote >>

P.S. Andrew, whats the view from the Circles like anyway? Sounds pretty exclusive to me.

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

THE SUBURBS KICKED MY DOG

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

blammo wrote >>

As someone who sees the Short North as a theme park, I’d appreciate it if you turned your dog into a ride.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

THE SUBURBS SHOT MY BROTHER AT THE OK CORRAL

hivner1
    Login to Send PM

GhettoBuddha wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>
    God forbid that people that don’t live within walking distance trespass in your precious Short North. You ought to build a wall around it and put in doorman service.

What I do not like is people who treat the neighborhood poorly. We made a choice to live in the Short North because it is a neighborhood that appeals to us. We like to be able to walk to the park and to our favorite spots to eat and drink. Part of what makes the place great is that it attracts a lot of different people.
    The problem is those people do not see the Short North as a neighborhood, but rather a theme park, a neat little get away to tell their friends about. High street is just a veneer and unfortunately that is all people see. They see my yard as something to be trampled on as they park on the permit only side streets in a rush to get to that great restaurant. I have not been a fan of Rosendales since day one, but I gave them two chances to win me over and they failed miserably. They looked at me a someone who “walked” in and was not dropped off out front by the valet. Now apparently they made more people than just me feel that was regardless of how they arrived and they are suffering as a result. I will be happy to see them go and be replaced by someone who understands that while you might want to be a destination restaurant you really survive by engaging with the people of the neighborhood who walk in daily for a quick bite or a nice pint of beer.
    GB
    P.S. Andrew, whats the view from the Circles like anyway? Sounds pretty exclusive to me.

Ugh. You sound so very suburban right now. With your line of logic, no one should vacation in, say, New York City because, god forbid they wanna have some fun in a vibrant area that they do not reside in. Sheesh!

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I have to agree with GB, it’s all the art galleries, bars, restaurants, clothing stores, coffee shops that are KILLING the Short North. it’s terrible what is happening, just terrible. this is really upsetting.

I love when people think they deserve to have it all, so misguided. If there was a place more to your liking, then why stay where you are?

chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

All those restaurants, stores, galleries and bars will have to close down so the Short North can become what it used to be back in the day, when all those suburbanites came in and spent their money on drugs and prostitutes.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cookie wrote >>

blammo wrote >>

As someone who sees the Short North as a theme park, I’d appreciate it if you turned your dog into a ride.

Bear
    Bear
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

GhettoBuddha wrote >>
    whats the view from the Circles like anyway? Sounds pretty exclusive to me.

Très Zen….

I’m curious as to how you think the establishment, and the people who work for it, systematically discriminate between people in the neighborhood and those from the suburbs when deciding on how to treat customers.

For what it’s worth, though I think there have been some things at the management level that have puzzled me about the place (at the level of design, overall philosophy, and so on), I’ve always found the professional standard set by the staff to be very high, and in most cases truly exceptional. Don’s experience really surprises me.

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

chaptal wrote >>
    All those restaurants, stores, galleries and bars will have to close down so the Short North can become what it used to be.

Hells yeah, it was much easier to find hookers and crack back in the good ol days when the SNP ran the hood.

hivner1
    Login to Send PM

Sure is. I think everyone should boycott Gallery Hop and go have dinner at Bob Evans instead… or go to a festival with a cover charge… or go to Eastland Mall…

Chef Drew, do your thing! Thanks for your contribution to the development and vibrancy of the Short North.

blammo
    blammo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>

blammo wrote >>

Think I could valet park that rig?

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I love to watch how threads devolve in interesting patterns.

Andrew Hall
    Andrew Hall
    Login to Send PM

GhettoBuddha wrote

Walking distance from Rosendale’s, funny enough. My son even goes to school spitting distance from. Ooops.

A destination restaurant survives by being a destination restaurant, not a neighborhood one. That is the way all over. In this economy, that is a tough sell and the restaurant made mistakes in that ambition. It also failed to leverage the logical brand extension of Details.

I am sorry you felt you were treated less than welcoming there. I am led to suspect you went in with a chip on your shoulder and not giving them a chance though. We walked there often. Even more, all three of us (incl child) have lashed our bikes outside and walked in with helmets and very casual attire. We were never treated any less welcome.

A successful city integrates all levels of economic activity. The best neighborhoods (commercially) are the ones where you walk past the high-end restaurant you might go to once/year on your way to the ‘quick bite and beer’ place and all are doing well.

A.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?