Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

RiverSouth District - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development RiverSouth District – News & Updates

This topic contains 50 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  tonloc620 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

cheap
    Login to Send PM

CalebR said:
    I hope to see more investment and taller (not skyscrapers) buildings being built. I think we’ve reached a point to where Downtown has officially become vibrant.

wow,pretty soon it will be just like 161.

lol

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

cbus11 said:
    I think downtown has come a long way since the early 2000′s but I would not call it ‘vibrant’. Setting the bar low is a dangerous thing.

+1

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I never set that bar low, although I do agree. I think there are many more ways we can make Downtown more vibrant and much more better. Conversion of all streets to two way, feeders (Split Fix) speed limit brought down to 25 – 30 and I think we need to get more public and private investment into it. Such as finally getting the big blob of land to the South of downtown (can’t think of the name of the peninsula). I honestly wish to see more development and more tax breaks for investors.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Notice those tree boxes will catch the stormwater running along the curb before it gets to the sewer – that’s an example of how some “green streets” elements are simple and inexpensive.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

CalebR said:
    Such as finally getting the big blob of land to the South of downtown (can’t think of the name of the peninsula).

The Whittier Peninsula? The impound lot is in the process of being relocated and the whole thing is being developed into the Scioto Audubon Metro Park:

http://www.metroparks.net/parkssciotoaudubon.aspx

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

alexs said:
    Notice those tree boxes will catch the stormwater running along the curb before it gets to the sewer – that’s an example of how some “green streets” elements are simple and inexpensive.

+1

These have been great to see installed on Gay Street and Town Street in the past. Looks like they’re becoming pretty standard issue!

Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

Where is the former car lot of Aubdon Metro Park being located, and whats taking its place?

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I think Scioto Audubon Center is taking its place (correct me if Im wrong). And thanks for the name. I had a feeling it was that, wasn’t completely sure :P

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

CalebR said:
    I think Scioto Audubon Center is taking its place (correct me if Im wrong). And thanks for the name. I had a feeling it was that, wasn’t completely sure :P

Is that opposite of the center they have now and the Garange Auto Center?

Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    Is that opposite of the center they have now and the Garange Auto Center?

I think so, lets hope it is :)

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Has anything happened in the RiverSouth district? Seems like it went quiet…

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I thought that vacant storage facility on the corner of Main and Front was supposed to be converted to apts. Haven’t heard anything lately. The area, and especially the time, is ripe for more apts. No more stick builds though or blank walls facing Front please.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

CalebR said:
    Has anything happened in the RiverSouth district? Seems like it went quiet…

The majority of construction was finished on the various projects there. That’s the kind of quiet that most people want.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?