Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Restaurants OPEN on New Year's Day

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Restaurants OPEN on New Year's Day

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Elizabeth Lessner Elizabeth Lessner 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Login to Send PM

Hi everyone:

Betty’s Fine Food & Spirits, Surly Girl Saloon, Tip Top Kitchen & Cocktails, Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace and The Jury Room will all be OPEN on New Year’s Day, starting at 11am.

Betty’s, Jury Room & Tip Top will also be serving brunch starting at 11am, along with our regular menus. Dirty Frank’s will have their Breakfast Nachos on special all day.

Grass Skirt will be closed New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day. Our other restaurants will all be open normal hours on New Year’s Eve.

Hope you’ll join us and happy new year to everyone!

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bucki12
    Login to Send PM

Anyone know of some buffet style brunches open tomorrow?

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I heard max and erma’s is having brunch, but don’t know if it is buffet style. I’d be curious about the Polish place having a buffett (on sinclair)

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Plantain Cafe is open

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Duane just tweeted that Mr. Eggs will be serving a special offering of local Olentangy River balut and Cook’s champagne breakfast. $23.67 (includes take-home plastic flute glass).

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anyone else follow food traditions on New Year? Being German Hungarian, my family traditionally eats pork and kraut today. The pig is viewed as animal that moves forward, thus good luck in these cultures. The kraut, or other cooked green, resembles folded bills, and is thought to bring prosperity.

Great article about traditions here: http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/holidays/newyearsday/luckyfoods

I’m mentioning this in this thread because Tee Jaye’s prepares a decent rib and kraut entree every year, and are open today.

*Edit* – Free Bloomin’ Onion or Coconut Shrimp at Outback Steakhouse today (You can tell I’m watching football).

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

patient_zero said:
    Anyone else follow food traditions on New Year? Being German Hungarian, my family traditionally eats pork and kraut today. The pig is viewed as animal that moves forward, thus good luck in these cultures. The kraut, or other cooked green, resembles folded bills, and is thought to bring prosperity.

Great article about traditions here: http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/holidays/newyearsday/luckyfoods

I’m mentioning this in this thread because Tee Jaye’s prepares a decent rib and kraut entree every year, and are open today.

*Edit* – Free Bloomin’ Onion or Coconut Shrimp at Outback Steakhouse today (You can tell I’m watching football).

It was pork and kraut for us!

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Our big Hungarian family tradition was always Stuffed Cabbage, later after meeting my girlfriend with the German heritage, it was the same, but with more caraway seeds.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?