Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Restaurant/Bar in German Village/Brewery District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Restaurant/Bar in German Village/Brewery District

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Onehypnotiqt Onehypnotiqt 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Onehypnotiqt
    Onehypnotiqt
    Login to Send PM

Hi All,

I don’t post very often, but I had a situation in a bar/restaurant the other night.

On OSU game days I always go to a certain establishment. It’s always packed and we always have a good time. The owner is cool, although he reminds me of a used car saleman.

Anyway one of my friends wanted to go during the week. I’ve only been on a Saturday, but I was game.

They were not that busy, and we got a seat at the bar. We were socializing with the people around us when I looked down and saw a roach crawling towards my hand. I yelled for the bartender and he just scooped it up in a bar towel and when on back to what he was doing like it was no big deal.

I’m sorry, but to me,if you see one there are many more and it IS a big deal. It totally ruined my appetitie and I didn’t want anything to drink. It made me wonder what the kithcen looked like.

I asked to speak to the owner. 20 minutes later…nothing. I asked again, the bartenders told me he left for a meeting. Ok I said, I’ll just wait.

About 30 minutes later he comes back and I mothion for him to come over.

I tell him what happened and he says, what do you want me to do about it? That kind of took me aback. He said it’s an old building. I told him how about spraying or cleaning. He said whatever, I have a meeting to go to (hmmm…I thought he just came from a meeting).

I promptly got my stuff and left and I will never be back.

Am I over reacting? I would like to write a review on yelp and urban spoon.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

His attitude is terrible. He could at least lie and say they spray for them and will spray soon. Seeing a roach is gross but it’s also a fact of life in the old neighborhoods. Put it on Yelp or wherever.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Onehypnotiqt said:
    On OSU game days I always go to a certain establishment. It’s always packed and we always have a good time.

Onehypnotiqt said:
    I would like to write a review on yelp and urban spoon.

Just wondering… do you write positive reviews on yelp and urban spoon when you go regularly and have a good time?

Onehypnotiqt
    Onehypnotiqt
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Just wondering… do you write positive reviews on yelp and urban spoon when you go regularly and have a good time?
    </blockquote

Yes, It was one on my favorite places to go on game day.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

In that case, if I wrote a review I’d include that information (that it was one of your favorites) and not just slam it for the roach/response. I don’t think the roach is a huge deal, I do think the response is btw.

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bad service will make me not go back to a place ….. a roach in GV is expected. It could have come from anywhere. That said, after watching way too many episodes of Restaurant Impossible, its amazing how dirty some of these kitchens are.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It’s getting cold out, it’s a fact of life that bugs try to make their way indoors. Stink bugs especially.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Onehypnotiqt said:
    Yes, It was one on my favorite places to go on game day.

Well, if you’ve written positive reviews of the place, I don’t think writing a negative review is an over-reaction at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?