Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Replacement Windows

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Replacement Windows

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Porky Porky 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We need new windows.

Looking at a couple of local companies, Rosati and Apco and also some from Home Depot, I think they were Simonton.

We have 11 to replace and would probably go Double Hung style, vinyl and either wood or wood look on the inside.

Any experiences/recommendations?

agtw31
    agtw31
    Login to Send PM

give Rosati a call,he’s done a lot of units in my complex.

people say good things about his windows here.

be careful of some window companies in this town,a lot of them are very flaky.
    they will send some knucklehead hustler to your home,and try to slam you with a crazy estimate they want you to sign NOW,and waste 2 hours of your time.

JackieC
    JackieC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We purchased from APCO over a year ago and couldn’t be happier with every part of the process. Plus the price with APCO was about $8,000 less than Rosatti or Larmco. (Beware the Larmco guy came to our house and wouldn’ leave, stayed for 3 hours, he finally left when we started eating dinner around him. After we had told him we couldn’t afford his windows.)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/apco-siding-and-windows-columbus

Lakee911
    Lakee911
    Login to Send PM

I’ve delt with APCO before–they are a great company and they are also expensive. My gutter install from them was 3x the price of my lowest bidder who I gave the job to (and the job was fanastic) and I don’t think that APCO could have done it any better. I do buy materials from them though (for DIY) and their customer support is excellent as well.

I have Pella windows in my house. The PO had installed some vinyl replacement windows before I bought it so I carried that through the house. They unfortunately are white so I painted my trim white and they look fine. If I was doing it all over again I would have done a colord vinyl clad wood window … or something … so that it matches on the outside and stained to match on the inside.

Installing replacement windows typically isn’t very hard at all if you’re putting them into wood window casings that are in good shape. It’s a good DIY project, IMHO.

Jason

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

agtw31 wrote >>
    give Rosati a call,he’s done a lot of units in my complex.
    people say good things about his windows here.
    be careful of some window companies in this town,a lot of them are very flaky.
    they will send some knucklehead hustler to your home,and try to slam you with a crazy estimate they want you to sign NOW,and waste 2 hours of your time.

+1 to Rosati. A few coworkers have used them; good results.

berdawn
    Login to Send PM

We replace the windows in a different room every other year with Rossati and love them. (whoo-hooo…only two to go!) They’re great about dealing with all the permits and any needed architectural review stuff, too. Always on time and finished when promised. I totally recommend them.

Likes Old Houses
    Likes Old Houses
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

APCO just did 6 windows for me and I couldn’t be happier. We went with the aluminum clad exterior and wood interior. They were competitively priced, and the installers were great. They even worked with us on a Saturday install.

Edit: Not the windows in my avatar. Those are a whole other story.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Thanks all!

JerrodWagner
    JerrodWagner
    Login to Send PM

Check out affordable windows, they did work for a couple of large windows. You really can’t find a better price….169-200 installed

Sam Shafqat
    Area Manager
    Affordable Windows
    614-477-6446
    affordablewindows@rocketmail.com

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

What are you looking at, as far as price goes, for Rosatti? My first floor has them and I love them. I want to put them in the upstairs now.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We don’t really have a price range per se, just want to do it once and do it right. I understand that you get what you pay for.

berdawn
    Login to Send PM

With Rosatti, it depends on the size. We have giant windows, especially on the 1st floor. IIRC, they were each~$450

surber17
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

is that installed for 450?

berdawn
    Login to Send PM

surber17 wrote >>
    is that installed for 450?

yeah…each window, though.

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pella Windows quoted me ~$900 to do a single double hung window. It was the higher end Architectural series with dividers (not true divided) 100% wood w/cladding on the outside. The large costs comes in if they are custom made. I have a old house, so of course nothing is standard.

If you have a old house and your windows are is descent condition you can get new triple track storms installed for around $150. I just did that myself, and honestly they look really nice. They can do different colors too. I used Kerbler @ Co, local.

Good read here – http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/article/0,,476717,00.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?