Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

Redlegs Clinch NL Central! First postseason in 15 years!!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Redlegs Clinch NL Central! First postseason in 15 years!!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Nitsud Regnifloh Nitsud Regnifloh 3 years, 10 months ago.

Tagged

baseball

Reds

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

CINCINNATI — After a decade and a half of waiting — and waiting — the Reds clinched in big-time, big-moment style.

Jay Bruce’s first-pitch walk-off home run in the bottom of the ninth brought a rush of a celebration on to the field that Cincinnati hasn’t enjoyed in years. There were fireworks blasting in the sky outside and champagne corks flying inside the clubhouse. It was one large party, and 30,151 fans were in attendance to take it all in.

Finally, the Reds are National League Central champions, as their magic number went from one to zero with a 3-2 win over the Astros on Tuesday night.

Brant
    Login to Send PM

Source: MLB.com

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

sorry ’bout that…

JackieC
    JackieC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Already have my NLDS tickets and was able to get a game of the NLCS if the Reds make it. If you are feeling really hopeful today you can still sign up for the World Series lottery at reds.com.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

so for someone who doesn’t know shit about baseball, does this mean they’re going to the super bowl or what?

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Nitsud Regnifloh
    Login to Send PM

Eight teams make the playoffs – four each in the American and National Leagues. The three division champs and one wild card – the team with the best record that does not win a division – qualify for the postseason.

JackieC
    JackieC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It means the Reds first go to the National League Division Series and if they win, the next stop is the National League Championship Series and then the World Series.

JackieC
    JackieC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Anyone planning on going to the game on Sunday? I will be there.

bababoohi
    Login to Send PM

JackieC wrote >>
    Anyone planning on going to the game on Sunday? I will be there.

I’m going and I’m super pumped. Read the book Wire to Wire over the summer, awesome read for a Reds fan. Can’t be wire to wire this year but all you need to do is win the last 3 series and it won’t matter!

http://www.amazon.com/Wire—Wire-Reds-Sweet-Championship/dp/1578604656/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1286367619&sr=1-1

hayez
    Login to Send PM

I’m so excited for this.

hayez
    Login to Send PM

I’m so excited for this.

sdbuck1
    sdbuck1
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Go Reds…going after work to watch the game!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?