Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

The Red Brick Tap & Grill

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Red Brick Tap & Grill

This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by News News 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Red Brick Inn Getting Upgrades from New Owners

Published on November 15, 2012 3:40 pm

By: Walker

Changes are in store at Red Brick over the next few months as new owner George Stefanidis (who also owns the nearby Easy Street Cafe) is working on breathing new life into the space.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/red-brick-inn-getting-upgrades-from-new-owners

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

first the Crest, now this. would people please stop fucking with all the good dives?

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

well, if it because a “dive” is doing really well and attracts people that want to buy it, then I guess that argument could work.

If a dive (or any other business) is ready to go under, and someone is able to purchase it to enable it to stay open, is that still fucking with it?

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

i’m just speaking from an aesthetic perspective. Jus’sayin’ I don’t need artisan food everywhere I where I may want to drink a beer. Not every upgrade is an improvement, ya see?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    Jus’sayin’ I don’t need artisan food everywhere I where I may want to drink a beer.

It doesn’t sound like Red Brick will have artisan food. It’ll have bar food.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    It doesn’t sound like Red Brick will have artisan food. It’ll have bar food.

I’m making a general point here. sub in ‘flat screen TV’ or ’40 taps’ or whatever you want.

Patch
    Patch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    I’m making a general point here. sub in ‘flat screen TV’ or ’40 taps’ or whatever you want.

I appreciate your anger.

But I also like George.

Overall, I like beck tavern over red brick (most likely because it is closer to me), but I think this joints location will keep it at y(our) standards.

And I can’t say I haven’t wanted something more to eat at the beck than jerkey, or kraut balls at the hey hey. As long as they keep it simple and small, I’m cool with that.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:

Guess you need to open a bar with an old tube tv an only one kind of beer. ;)

bayrea
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    i’m just speaking from an aesthetic perspective. Jus’sayin’ I don’t need artisan food everywhere I where I may want to drink a beer. Not every upgrade is an improvement, ya see?

Same owner as Easy St.. so they are in good hands. Not like it’s going to be an Applebees. Plus, I have been inside Red Brick about 5 times and every time it was a ghost town.

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Guess you need to open a bar with an old tube tv an only one kind of beer. ;)

oh, you mean my house?

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bayrea said:
    Same owner as Easy St.. so they are in good hands. Not like it’s going to be an Applebees. Plus, I have been inside Red Brick about 5 times and every time it was a ghost town.

I’m sure it’ll be fine. point is sometimes I like drinkin’ with ghosts.

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Heh heh. Drinking spirits with spirits.

Unfortunately, ghosts don’t help to pay the bills.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    oh, you mean my house?

Exactly! Why expect a business to provide you that ambiance when you can have it at home? ;)

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Exactly! Why expect a business to provide you that ambiance when you can have it at home? ;)

i get it. you love new businesses.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    i get it. you love new businesses.

I’m just not resistant to change. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?