Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Recommendations for Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Recommendations for Wendy’s

This topic contains 175 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Roland
    Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

deep fried sausage links with an aged frumunda cheese dipping sauce

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Integrate onion rings and bbq sauce on a burger.

+

Sell a burger topped with Fries and coleslaw, Pittsburgh style.

Offer catsup with grilled onions, like Hunts marketed a few years ago.

KSquared
    Login to Send PM

Bear wrote >>
    In’N'Out Burger offers a no carb burger option: a burger between two pieces of lettuce instead of a bun. Perhaps Wendy’s could update to include that idea.
    Because nothing is quite as much fun as watching people try to eat a greasy patty of meat slathered with condiments and then slipped between two near-frictionless pieces of wet lettuce. It’s like somebody invented a game show to provide entertainment while you eat.

This made my afternoon.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Halal beef, if that’s possible in fast-food handling, or imagine a beef/lamb burger to chase the gyro market.

Roland
    Roland
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bear wrote >>
    meat slathered with condiments and then slipped between two near-frictionless pieces of wet lettuce.

Nobody does food pron better!

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

How about burgers with sanctified communion wafers as the buns? No carbs (transmogrified Body of Christ and all,) and you can skip Mass – no guilt on any level.

jarsloth
    jarsloth
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

alexs wrote >>
    Halal beef, if that’s possible in fast-food handling, or imagine a beef/lamb burger to chase the gyro market.

When we were in New Zealand last year, we noticed that the Subways there had a lamb sub; it looked (and tasted) pretty much like gyro meat. Yes, I travelled all the way to New Zealand and ate at a Subway…

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

alexs wrote >>

Gotta think it is, considering Church’s can do Halal chicken. (at least sort of)

Bear
    Bear
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

KSquared wrote >>
    This made my afternoon.

:-)

Roland wrote >>

Bear wrote >>
    meat slathered with condiments and then slipped between two near-frictionless pieces of wet lettuce.

you people and your imaginations.

Does give me an idea for their new low-carb ad campaign, though. (Linked rather than inline… might cause some embarrassment at work)

At least, I like it better than the original PETA ad….

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bear wrote >>

KSquared wrote >>
    This made my afternoon.

:-)

Roland wrote >>

Bear wrote >>

you people and your imaginations.
    Does give me an idea for their new low-carb ad campaign, though. (Linked rather than inline… might cause some embarrassment at work)
    At least, I like it better than the original PETA ad….

You should’ve connected the lettuce cups with bacon strips. Of course, Carl’s Jr. my not like Wendy’s encroaching on their food pron aesthetic.

Bear
    Bear
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

myliftkk wrote >>
    You should’ve connected the lettuce cups with bacon strips.

… damn.

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

My mother worked at Wendy’s Corporate Offices in Dublin (until her death in ’91-Dave Thomas came to the funeral home!) and seemed to always have Wendy’s GC’s. When she didn’t feel like cooking, Wendy’s was the default menu. When she’d ask what we wanted, my (now deceased) father would inevitably reply “escargot!” facetiously. So Big A is contributing to a thread on CU!
    Escargot would fit nicely in those french fried potato bugle thingies…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Looks like Wendy’s has gone ahead and fucked us all over with their “value” menu revisions.

Four piece nugget? What the fuck! Should have just made them smaller, I wouldn’t have noticed.

Greedy fucks. Occupy Wendy’s!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Yeah, noticed that change the other day. 4 piece for 99 cents. 6 piece for $1.49.

I wonder if you can ask for a 5 piece for $1.24?

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

quarter nugget nights at Wendy’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?