Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Recommendations for Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Recommendations for Wendy’s

This topic contains 198 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by  tolemac5050 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 199 total)
  • Author

bman
    Participant

salad bar again

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Pia Zadorable wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    I want Ed Hardy sauce.

What would tacky and obnoxious taste like?

Natty Light?

joev
    Participant

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

Pia Zadorable wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    I want Ed Hardy sauce.

Natty Light?

Boiled chicken breast, farts, whey protein, Rockstar energy drink, human growth hormone and heavy cologne.

Any company that abandoned their first store on E Broad Street (the first Wendys) is shortsighted, myopic, very greedy, IGNORANT and headed for the dustbin of history. I can’t name anything they even contribute to now (they are part of ARBYS and sold out to ATLANTA based TRIARC) This company is bad news, bad health, bad karma and bad for the communities (litter) and employees. Let’s get back to basics any public company that can’t see the value to their brand in keeping open their “first store” is just plain BAD, BAD, BAD. I wouldn’t buy a share a stock is this dead company if it were $1.00 a share just IMHO – everything about this company and business model is PATHETIC, dirty and tragic – good riddance – this is a poison company

cc

I dunno, I don’t own or live in the house I was born in and I think I am doing okay. Sometimes it is enough to take a photograph.

Those who forget the lesson’s of history are condemned to repeat them – when you forget your roots, history and where you came from and what made you successful and GREAT – you are like a piece of stray in the wind (blowing everywhere and going nowhere and evntually headed to oblivion)

cc

I think there is a difference between remembering your roots and owning them…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

JimL2 wrote >>
    People, please. This is a thread for recommending chain-wide updates for Wendy’s. Not for complaining about an isolated incidents of customer service or vague recollections of hot sauces.
    I want unique ideas that would set them apart from the pack. Something that will catapult them into the 2020s and give people a reason to eat there other than “I feel like some hamburger corners.”
    “Touchscreen-based drive-thru menus, so you don’t have to shout into a speaker that was built in the 1950s”–YES.
    “An exact copy of the game BK Sneak King, except you play as a creepy Dave Thomas”–NO.
    For instance, I would rewrite Lifeliberty’s post as “sometimes Wendy’s service is bad, so they should have a chain you can pull which dumps water on the employees when that happens.”
    Vestanpance’s suggestion would be “Wendy’s should have a condiment bar; make it like a soda fountain, but for condiments. Use those udder-shaped dispensers they have at ballparks, and stock it with 25+ different sauces arranged by the year that it represents.”

Jim, I expect you to be nothing but disappointed with anyone else’s contributions to this topic. You’re setting the bar too high with your own ideas here. Keep up the great work.

PS: I’m waiting to hear back from two different publishers about your book deal. Will keep you posted. Keep writing.

Where’s Zombie Dave Thomas when you need him?

Bear
    Participant

“Employee of the Month” photograph/plaque replaced with “This Month’s Mayor on FourSquare”

Orange Crush in soda dispenser replaced with Full Throttle

All menu items derived primarily if not exclusively from corn

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Once again I want to mention that Jim’s tombstone will simply say, “DISAPPOINTED BY STUPIDITY OF OTHERS”.

It’s just a central motif. Some of the other central motifs are best left unmentioned in mixed company, but that’s one of them.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

joev wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

Pia Zadorable wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    I want Ed Hardy sauce.

Natty Light?

Boiled chicken breast, farts, whey protein, Rockstar energy drink, human growth hormone and heavy cologne.

Thank you for your eloquence.

Bear
    Participant

In’N’Out Burger offers a no carb burger option: a burger between two pieces of lettuce instead of a bun. Perhaps Wendy’s could update to include that idea.

Because nothing is quite as much fun as watching people try to eat a greasy patty of meat slathered with condiments and then slipped between two near-frictionless pieces of wet lettuce. It’s like somebody invented a game show to provide entertainment while you eat.

myliftkk
    Participant

A couple of potential new items/directions:

Bacon Lettuce Cups, or as it is colloquially known, Pork-n-Greens.

Bacon Spring Rolls, or Wendy’s garden salad wrapped in bacon and deep-fried. This item has the extra bonus of killing anything extra that might be lurking in the salad before frying.

Have Bear write harlequin romance stories for store distribution involving “near-frictionless pieces of wet lettuce” and “condiment slathered meat patties”. Print these on the inside wrapper like the way Dove chocolates prints messages inside its foil wrappers. Call them the “wet lettuce diaries”.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Roadkill burger (for vegans)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 199 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.