Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Recommendations for Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Recommendations for Wendy’s

This topic contains 198 replies, has 59 voices, and was last updated by  tolemac5050 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 196 through 199 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

no the reference was to their formerly having two locations DT and now nothing. not about their HQ.

There were actually 3 locations Downtown just a few years ago… The original one at Broad & Fifth, the one in the Fifth/Third building where Chez/Fin/MeatBar went in, and the one at Spring & High where Barrio was.

There were several others as well. I believe the spot where Cafe Napolitana is located was once a Wendy’s, but that’s been over 20 years ago.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I feel the time will come as well, but I think one of the most important things will be a critical mass of kids being raised Downtown. While people aren’t feeding their kids as much fast food as they used to, take a look around a suburban fast food joint on a non-school day and look at all the kids. And in the smaller towns like Lancaster where fast food places really clean up it’s wall-to-wall kids.

While it certainly wouldn’t hurt, I don’t think a Downtown Wendy’s would need a kid/family population to thrive (outside of them being included in a portion of the “visitor” demographic). I see no reason to compare demographics between Downtown Columbus and its suburbs, just like you wouldn’t compare the Downtown of any other city to its suburbs.

Take a look at Downtown fast food demographics in a city like Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, etc. That’s the comparable market: workers, visitors, college students, etc.

I think a sit down Wendy’s Diner a-la Steak and Shake would be fun. Make it look old fashioned.

If I had to wager a guess, I’d say they’d go in the exact opposite direction and go modern, which is their current renovation/build style. The new one at The View on High is probably a good version of what would be done Downtown.

lbl
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lbl wrote:</div>
    no the reference was to their formerly having two locations DT and now nothing. not about their HQ.

There were actually 3 locations Downtown just a few years ago… The original one at Broad & Fifth, the one in the Fifth/Third building where Chez/Fin/MeatBar went in, and the one at Spring & High where Barrio was.

There were several others as well. I believe the spot where Cafe Napolitana is located was once a Wendy’s, but that’s been over 20 years ago.

3 – cool. never knew about the one in the 5/3rd bldg.
    I agree – if they were to model it on the Campus reboot, seems like it should work well.

I know there’s a cafe inside COSI, but has there ever been a partnership or anything like that to run it? (ie: Wendy’s)

tolemac5050
    Participant

Wendy’s talking about “Fondue”. Trying to fancy up “cheese sauce”

Tried it…liked it

Viewing 4 posts - 196 through 199 (of 199 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.