Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Recommendations for Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Recommendations for Wendy’s

This topic contains 175 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hello Wendy’s C-level employees, I’ve heard your HQ is located near Columbus and you might be reading! Here are some recommendations for your restaurant. I thought of each one of these last night while not getting any sleep, so feel free to use them to boost your business.

Hamburger

Old Style: slapped flat on a bun.

New Style: battered, panko-breaded, deep-fried, rolled up with refried beans in it.

Fries

Old Style: limp, wet, not salty

New Style: thin, crisp, shaped into funnels that can easily be filled with ketchup/mayonnaise(/chili??!?).

Soda

Old Style: Coke

New Style: RC Cola with a splash of ginger.

Side

Old Style: baked potato

New Style: inside-out baked potato (no more digging! eat it like corn on the cob!)

Chili

Old Style: pretty good

New Style: have Cholula available as a condiment

Dessert

Old Style: gristly, acidic frosty

New Style: (eggless) brownie batter, served in a tube for easy squeezing, with a streak of peanut butter, cream cheese, or chocolate frosting running through.

Breakfast

Old Style: greasy sausage, greasy biscuit, dry eggs

New Style: “JimL2′s famous bacon boppers!” Pre-cooked egg solution extruded into a 3cm cylinder, wrapped in smoked bacon, biscuit-breaded and battered and frozen, deep-fried at the restaurant. Pop ‘em in your mouth all day they’re “great!”

Okay I’ll update this list as I think of more things. Thanks!

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

Wendy’s has breakfast?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bring back the Smokey Bacon Cheeseburger!!

Delicious bacon, sauteed onions and a smokey bbq sauce. MMM MMM!!!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Yes please. More JimL2 Kitchen Nightmares.

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

thanks for your support everyone, I just realized that I basically reinvented Bugles with my “fries” suggestion, but as long as they’re edible it should be different enough to keep General Mills from suing.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wendy’s waffle fries

Wendy’s pita sandwiches.

problem fixed

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Funnel/container fries are effing brilliant. Like Bugles, but actual potato.

ETA: Ooop – didn’t see the JimL2 update. Yes. More food in Bugles shapes, please.

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Knuckle Dusters, a kind of doughnut shaped into a bent oval so that it fits over your knuckles. Can be powdered with sugar, cinnamon, or Dave’s Famous “Jumpin Hot!” Mole Granules.

“Fish pizza,” Processed fish patty pressed into the shape of a shallow bowl, filled with a layer of tartar sauce, a layer of lettuce and onions, a sprinkling of capers and olives, topped with a layer of melted cheese. Cut into slices.

Salad Block: an oshizushihako filled with shredded lettuce, onion, sun-dried tomato, lemon zest, french dressing (sparingly), black pepper; pressed, then fitted into a pre-made crouton box, fitting lid attached, dipped in eggwash/worcester sauce solution, deep-fried. Placed in cardboard sleeve–”the salad to eat when you’re on the go!” image of smiling skinny model “mom” driving minivan with salad block in one hand.

Kids Meal: free rock candy on a stick with any kids-sized soda, “hey kids dip your rock candy in your soda make your own flavor creations!”

Core_Models
    Core_Models
    Login to Send PM

Kids Meal: free rock candy on a stick with any kids-sized soda, “hey kids dip your rock candy in your soda make your own flavor creations!”

You’ll poke your eye out kid.

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

what the hell is a pita

come on hands up anyone who can tell me why a pita isn’t just a steamrolled english muffin. YAWN!

waffle fries are okay but they’re too short, I’m always getting my fingers covered in ketchup when I eat them. Not like in the middle ages where people did that because they hadn’t invented dipping yet, but by accident.

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Core_Models wrote >> You’ll poke your eye out kid.

That’s what the rounded end is for. And any kid who risks wasting candy by poking the sugar-end in his eye deserves what he gets (a free conciliatory meal from Wendy’s Incorporated stemming threats of a lawsuit.)

artbomb112
    Login to Send PM

Even better….

Wendys… please fire your entire marketing staff and find people that can make better graphics, signage, ads, commercials, and brand identity for you. Thank you.

Adam

I have no idea how they are still open with the awful commercials since Dave died.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JimL2 wrote >>
    what the hell is a pita
    come on hands up anyone who can tell me why a pita isn’t just a steamrolled english muffin. YAWN!

hate the name all you want, but it’s what they called them and they were delish. I ate a stupid amount of the ceasar one the sold. I’d say this was around 1995ish? and lasted a few years.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JimL2 wrote >>
    what the hell is a pita

hate the name all you want, but it’s what they called them and they were delish. I ate a stupid amount of the ceasar one the sold. I’d say this was around 1995ish? and lasted a few years.

edit: I lied, it was 1997 http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3190/is_n13_v31/ai_19265967/

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Salad bar!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?