Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Recent uptick in crime in Upper Arlington

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Recent uptick in crime in Upper Arlington

This topic contains 58 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

More Than 50 Break-Ins Reported In Upper Arlington

Monday August 29, 2011

More than 50 break-ins to homes and cars were reported in the last two months. The break-ins occurred in the area north of 5th Avenue and south of Lane Avenue.

The thieves struck primarily during the late evening and early morning hours and targeted unlocked vehicles or those with property left in plain view.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/08/29/upper-arlington-break-ins.html

patradio
    patradio
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Nothing new. I read the police beat in the UA News every week, and it’s always unlocked homes and cars. Lock your shit up, people. Duh.

GW_Justice
    GW_Justice
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Columbus has a Burglary problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

Click on the top of the Burglary column so that the top cities are displayed. Cbus is number 6 in the country.

Pixel Doll
    Pixel Doll
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Is it still a “Break-In” if they leave there homes and cars unlocked?

This happens in Grandview but it was just car (“Break-Ins”)Thefts. It turns out that the owners didn’t want pay for the damage done to the car windows.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m not far away, and many people in this neighborhood leave garage doors open during the day. Once in a great while someone will roll through for some fast-grab theft but it has been a long time since anything like that has happened here. But you never know…

cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

I once saw an unmanned, self serve garage sale in Upper Arlington. They had all their stuff in the driveway with a note to knock on their door if you wanted to purchase anything.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I live in the affected area and someone broke into my LOCKED basement door, but then was scared off (probably because of my dog). They aren’t just targeting unlocked homes and cars. Hopefully the person(s) is caught, but UA residents need to understand crime happens everywhere.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

2 Cars, Home Burglarized Overnight In Upper Arlington
    Tuesday September 13, 2011 7:18 AM

Police said that they were searching for the person or people who broke into two vehicles and stole a purse from inside a home early Tuesday morning.

Police told 10TV’s Tino Ramos that they were working to determine the latest burglaries were connected to 50 burglaries that have occurred in the last two months.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2011/09/13/upper-arlington-overnight-burglaries.html

cc
    cc
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It’s cool they got the guy. I wish the CPD would be so hot on the trail of whoever is busting in over on the westside. Over 30 break-in’s in 2 weeks is a little much.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    It’s cool they got the guy. I wish the CPD would be so hot on the trail of whoever is busting in over on the westside. Over 30 break-in’s in 2 weeks is a little much.

UAPD doesn’t usually have a lot on their plate, they can respond pretty quickly to things. I heard them spend a solid half-hour one night chasing down a kid with some fireworks.

They’re good folks, but they’d probably have a nervous breakdown if they had to deal with everything CPD deals with out in hilltop/westgate.

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Rockmastermike said:
    UAPD doesn’t usually have a lot on their plate, they can respond pretty quickly to things. I heard them spend a solid half-hour one night chasing down a kid with some fireworks.

They’re good folks, but they’d probably have a nervous breakdown if they had to deal with everything CPD deals with out in hilltop/westgate.

Truth. I listen to the scanner for my area, and oh boy.

columbusmike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

There was some sort of bust around 5pm yesterday on Northstar just south of Lane Ave. The police were searching the car with gloves….not sure if this is related?

berdawn
    Login to Send PM

columbusmike said:
    There was some sort of bust around 5pm yesterday on Northstar just south of Lane Ave. The police were searching the car with gloves….not sure if this is related?

I know I would investigate a car with gloves. or a hat. or an umbrella. damned anthropomorphised automobiles.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

berdawn said:
    I know I would investigate a car with gloves. or a hat. or an umbrella. damned anthropomorphised automobiles.

what about a mustache?

http://www.carstache.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?