Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Proud...

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Chris Sunami Chris Sunami 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

…of my wife, April, this month’s featured Artist on the CU main page. Walker, great writeup!

http://www.columbusunderground.com/local-artist-spotlight-april-sunami

sunamilooking121.jpg

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cool! Like that piece! :D

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It’s for sale :D

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

ChrisSunami said:
    Walker, great writeup!

My pleasure! Happy to see she’s busy with a lot shows and exhibitions right now and in the coming months! :D

TomOver
    TomOver
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Reminds me to look again into how aesthetic appreciation & moral reasoning mix.

SusanB
    SusanB
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

April is awesome.

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Congrats April and Chris!

DavidF
    DavidF
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

One of my favorite couples in Columbus! Both incredibly talented, genuinely nice people.

TomOver
    TomOver
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When April responded to Walker’s question about how she draws inspiration for her art, it rang a bell for me.

She said, “( I draw inspiration from) God. It sounds trite, but it’s true for me: I make the strongest work when I forgo my plans and just follow what my subconscious says.”

It’s that part about the subconscious mind that makes me want to compare notes. This calls to mind how what I once regarded as my relationship with God is something I’ve come to regard during the past decade as having been a relationship with dissociated ( or subconscious) parts of my own mind.

At points in my life, I prayed daily, sometimes for hours at a time. When I prayed—as a Christian and then later as a Universalist— I, no doubt, got ‘answers’ in intuitive, mysterious ways. Sometimes it was hours after I had prayed. Sometimes it was days or weeks.

But the ‘answers’ I got to prayers for strength and guidance in becoming a more loving person seem now to have been not from God, but from my subconscious mind. Please understand I’m not trying to disparage anyone’s faith, but someone, somehow, somewhere might find it useful when I share the observation that I seem more able to love spiritually as a result of not praying nor worshiping gods.

Does ‘spirituality’ require a belief in a god ?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

TomOver said:
    Does ‘spirituality’ require a belief in a god ?

Not in this thread, it doesn’t.

TomOver
    TomOver
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Not in this thread, it doesn’t.

Nice. That’s clever.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?