Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Professional bra fitting?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Professional bra fitting?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by alison alison 5 years, 9 months ago.

Tagged

bra

fitting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    alison
    alison
    Login to Send PM

Odd question to ask, I know, but my cousin is looking for recommendations. She’s been thru some changes, and her past cup/size isn’t fitting well.

In the old days, every department store had some old lady that would strip you down and size you up and miraculously find the perfect bra. But those old ladies seem to have disappeared along with most of the old department stores.

Anyone have a recommendation here in Columbus? (I should stress she’s looking for a professional, not a “talented amateur” guy — she’s had plenty of offers of that!)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I can tell you that from my experience, the people at Victoria’s Secret have NO CLUE what they are doing. I wish I could tell you who did, but I hope that’s helpful too.

enzo
    enzo
    Login to Send PM

Please go to Saks or Undone in Grandview.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote I can tell you that from my experience, the people at Victoria’s Secret have NO CLUE what they are doing. I wish I could tell you who did, but I hope that’s helpful too.

+1 they have not a clue what there doing . They tried to tell me I was a 38DD lol I know I have never been seen but trust me not close . :lol:

alison
    alison
    Login to Send PM

I think Core offers this service too.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

enzo wrote I think Core offers this service too.

UM…

alison wrote (I should stress she’s looking for a professional, not a “talented amateur” guy — she’s had plenty of offers of that!)

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote

UM…

alison wrote (I should stress she’s looking for a professional, not a “talented amateur” guy — she’s had plenty of offers of that!)

This is assuming I’m an amateur though :D

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Coremodels wrote
    osulew wrote

UM…

Of course. What was I thinkin?

thefightinglibrarian
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Done this thread before :) (and it degenerated just as quickly last time…)

http://www.columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15296&highlight=bra

I would try Undone in Grandview…

enzo
    enzo
    Login to Send PM

Coremodels wrote
    osulew wrote

UM…

Exactly, Core is a PROFESSIONAL.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote I can tell you that from my experience, the people at Victoria’s Secret have NO CLUE what they are doing. I wish I could tell you who did, but I hope that’s helpful too.

+1 VS is really, really bad. Feel like feeling shitty about one of the most beautiful things about the female body? Go to VS!

I just want something graceful, comfortable and feminine to keep my boobies from turning into “oranges in nylon stockings” when I’m 50. I don’t want a slut to shove me into some wiry, pokey, scratchy polyester, stuffed static-cling generator that’s two sizes too big. And then laugh at my lack of a tan later.

Larissa
    Larissa
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Manatee wrote

+1 VS is really, really bad. Feel like feeling shitty about one of the most beautiful things about the female body? Go to VS!

I just want something graceful, comfortable and feminine to keep my boobies from turning into “oranges in nylon stockings” when I’m 50. I don’t want a slut to shove me into some wiry, pokey, scratchy polyester, stuffed static-cling generator that’s two sizes too big. And then laugh at my lack of a tan later.

Don’t forget formaldehyde soaked, sore causing torture device!

I wonder if there has been a class action lawsuit yet?

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wow, I haven’t bought anything from them in ages. Tell more about the formadehyde!

Larissa
    Larissa
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

catnfiddle wrote Wow, I haven’t bought anything from them in ages. Tell more about the formadehyde!

Yeah, a bunch of women started complaining about these awful sores around where their bras rested. Turns out they were chemical burns from formaldehyde! Talk about a wtf moment.

A friend of mine in Cleveland was one of the many people who got these chemical burns. She said the company wanted her to sign some paperwork in exchange for a free bra. lol. Yeah, right.

Larissa
    Larissa
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Here’s a link to a news story on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBwlO6gWFE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?