Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

Presidential Election Results 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Presidential Election Results 2012

This topic contains 306 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 307 total)
  • Author

Navin R Johnson
    Login to Send PM

Rockmastermike said:
    But FIRST, lets pause to enjoy how hopelessly and hysterically wrong this crazy-ass ad homonym attack was and how remarkably poorly it reflects on you. Bravo, sir, you are truly a gem.

Sympathizers and enablers. I get it.

Moving on, let’s look at your party’s [comedic] mouthpiece, shall we? The 6:55 mark is where he shines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20lYjj2fMGI#!

With classy quips like “Whatever is it, you couldn’t afford it”, and “I gave Obama a million out of petty change…”, how could you not love this guy?

How does he reconcile this with his core philosophy of “share the wealth”? Looks like it’s him who is in that bubble he loves to talke about. And the wonderful crowd just cheers him on as he honors himself and marvels at his own wealth. Wait, is this a conservative show or a liberal one?

Cookie
    Cookie
    Login to Send PM

Bill Maher is still on television?

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Cookie said:
    Bill Maher is still on television?

Wikipedia says he is. But I’m not sure I believe that.

Either way, that was just another ad homonym attack (at someone who isn’t even here to defend himself). Truly the last refuge of the rhetorically challenged.

Navin R Johnson
    Login to Send PM

Rockmastermike said:
    Wikipedia says he is. But I’m not sure I believe that.

He’s been on HBO for years. Can you not afford premium cable? I pay for it our of petty change.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Navin R Johnson said:
    He’s been on HBO for years. Can you not afford premium cable? I pay for it our of petty change.

I don’t spend any money at all to buy things I have no interest in purchasing. Apparently you do if you watch that show even though you hate the guy the show is about. Fiscal responsibility at its finest for sure.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Can we please get this conversation back on the topic of Muslim pedophiles where it belongs?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Navin R Johnson said:

Because.

nec·ro·phil·i·a  (nkr-fl-) also nec·rophi·lism (n-krf-lzm, n-)
    n.
    1. Obsessive fascination with death and corpses.
    2. Erotic attraction to or sexual contact with corpses.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Because.

n.

lol!

Navin R Johnson
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    Because.

n.

Snarf. Keep it Civil. Otherwise Walker will send you a PM. Unless of course you two are buddies.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I know you are but what am I… INFINITY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-74ss5gou4

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Navin R Johnson said:
    Can you not afford premium cable? I pay for it our of petty change.

James
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

myliftkk said:
    That’s a very generous reading considering Romney spent the last month of the campaign trying to prove he was a moderate.

I love teachers!

Weed went legal in two states, LGBT rights won 4/4, and new taxes passed here. Obama cleaned up nearly every slice of the electorate minus the white vote, and only lost 3 pts off that (which given the middling economic circumstances, was a superb campaign job) from ’08. The Dems gained Senate seats, or did you miss that memo?

We all know the only reason the GOP didn’t get their clocks cleaned in the House was the fact of redistricting (and that’s to be expected). Even there, some barely eked out victories in very safe R districts. Which of course only makes the failure of Obama to really engage in the ’10 election more annoying, but that cake’s done been baked.

An R has only won the national popular vote once in the last 6 elections. So before you start talking rightward shift, you might want to actually record a plurality first.

You can keep believing that there’s some magical “Silent Majority”, but like unicorns, you’re not likely to see it in your lifetime.

i don’t think there’s any silent majority – on either side. I’ve seen polls before that show a majority of people opposed to the affordable healthcare act, to expansions of government. I also know most people aren’t single issue voters – they vote on issues of perceived fairness & rightness and other hard to quantify areas. The GOP can probably get a majority of people to agree with them on issues of less government intrusion and spending, but they’ll lose many of those voters when they start the batshit abortion & rape talk.

The rightward shift on Tuesday is pretty much a direct NY times observation.

As for redistricting, both sides do it, and it’s pretty abhorent. You could just as easily argue the D’s didn’t get it worse in ’10 because they still occupied D designed districts.

If you think pushing for taxes and expanded government is a good plank for the democratic party to embrace, more power to ya. I think that will be a rocky road for them to travel. I think the glow of D accomplishment on Tuesday may blind some people to think that all parts of the democratic agenda are equally appealing to most voters.

melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Um, one person here is really upset he lost and is making no sense at all.

gramarye
    gramarye
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve met a lot of Americans.

As a rule, “silent” we ain’t.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

James said:

If you think pushing for taxes

There are going to be higher taxes at the top, bet on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?