Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Parking Ban Coming Soon to Some German Village Alleys

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Parking Ban Coming Soon to Some German Village Alleys

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by News News 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

City to end parking in some German Village alleys

By GARY SEMAN JR.

ThisWeek Community News

Tuesday May 15, 2012 9:28 AM

The city of Columbus wants to put an end to parking in some alleys in German Village. Based on complaints from residents and refuse workers, the Department of Public Service said it intends to post no parking signs on portions of Rader, Purdy, Blackberry and Macon alleys, and an unnamed alley west of Jaeger Street.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/germanvillage/news/2012/05/07/web-alleyparking.html

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

I know some people who are going to be very unhappy about this, but having hard to find parking is pretty common in a lot of large cities.

Jim Lauwers
    Jim Lauwers
    Login to Send PM

leftovers said:
    I know some people who are going to be very unhappy about this, but having hard to find parking is pretty common in a lot of large cities.

you know what else is common in a lot of large cities?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

JimL2 said:

24 hour diners?

Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

JimL2 said:

People? Traffic? Complainers?

sirlancelot
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

City needs to add permit parking on Franklin Avenue around the Davis Discovery Center and Kelton House. It’s becoming impossible to park near home because visitors or downtown workers take parking spaces. Stressful enough with so many people sharing apartments, etc.

Patch
    Patch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JimL2 said:

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    People? Traffic? Complainers?

Chicks?

I wonder how the City will respond when people are parking on their private property next to the alley.

cbus11
    cbus11
    Login to Send PM

Patch said:
    Chicks?

I wonder how the City will respond when people are parking on their private property next to the alley.

tow trucks?

futureman
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Bummer, there goes my super secret parking spot for when I go to Barcelona (Blackberry Alley).

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Alleys to get no-parking signs
    By Mark Ferenchik
    The Columbus Dispatch
    Thursday May 31, 2012 8:54 AM

Garbage trucks can’t get by them. Police cars have a hard time, too. The problem? Parked cars in a number of German Village alleys and narrow streets. The solution? The city will place no-parking signs in seven areas to keep traffic moving and help police enforce parking laws.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/05/31/alleys-to-get-no-parking-signs.html

leftovers
    Login to Send PM

Franklinton, just west of Downtown, has plenty of alleys, but no one is complaining about cars blocking traffic, said Matt Egner of the neighborhood’s area commission.

That was a weird thing to put in the article.

cheap
    Login to Send PM

leftovers said:
    Franklinton, just west of Downtown, has plenty of alleys, but no one is complaining about cars blocking traffic, said Matt Egner of the neighborhood’s area commission.

that’s called pulling something out of your ass,because you can’t think of anything else to say

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

cheap said:
    that’s called pulling something out of your ass,because you can’t think of anything else to say

Ha! Yes… really, an attempt to equate totally dissimilar alleys, totally dissimilar situations. Poor sap.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

leftovers said:

They tossed that bit in there so residents of the west side will be less shocked when they start lining our alleys with no parking signs to make some money… I mean keep the alleys clear. LOL

labi
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

misskitty said:
    They tossed that bit in there so residents of the west side will be less shocked when they start lining our alleys with no parking signs to make some money… I mean keep the alleys clear. LOL

I dream of the day when Weinland Park is occupied and in-demand enough that we get to post no-parking signs in the alleys.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?