Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

Outland on Liberty has Closed

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Outland on Liberty has Closed

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by groundrules groundrules 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

so, closed. what happened?

desecration
    desecration
    Login to Send PM

You can read some posted details on their Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/outland.onliberty

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Via Facebook:

We regret to inform that due to circumstances beyond our control Outland on Liberty is Closed. We want to thank everyone that supported the club and it’s staff over the last few years. As of now there are no plans to re open in the foreseeable future. However we will keep the facebook page up and check it from time to time to check on everyone. Again thanks for understanding.

Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I never knew it opened back up, and am very sad to hear that I won’t be able to attend with certain CU’ers who I was determined to see in their old goth getups.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Where ya been? Hiding in the woods or something? ;)

http://www.columbusunderground.com/outland-reopens-in-new-brewery-district-location

Mmmmmaybe. It’s goth in the woods!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I’ve always thought of the woods as more grunge than goth. ;)

Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    I’ve always thought of the woods as more grunge than goth. ;)

I dunno… dark woods at night, owls, bats, wolves, Wicca circles…

I mean I never expect to run into Alice in Chains in there. :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Hrm… something about the plaid lumberjack shirts, lackadaisical shaving and the beater “road tour” van always said “cabin in the woods” to me. But maybe it was all just a suburban fashion statement of yesteryear. ;)

ehill27
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Shame. I saw one of my all-time favorite shows here… The Budos Band. Budos impressed CBus, and CBus impressed Budos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAycBRbVO4

Oh where, oh where will they go now?

0Angle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

^That was a great show and it was really nice to park once, go to CBC, then walk to Outland. They might have outgrown the Ravari Room. Maybe the Basement? Ace of Cups? Wherever they go I’LL find a way to be there.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Login to Send PM

Manatee, the new Outland in the Brewery District was nothing like the Outland of yore in Harrison West. The old one in Harrison West lives on in my heart forever. New place was nice, it just wasn’t anything like the old spot. RIP

Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

lizless said:
    Manatee, the new Outland in the Brewery District was nothing like the Outland of yore in Harrison West. The old one in Harrison West lives on in my heart forever. New place was nice, it just wasn’t anything like the old spot. RIP

Oh I figured as such. Yeah nothing could really top the old one. So many memories. It sort of felt like it was always going to be there… I still find it hard to believe it’s gone. I’m still mad because I had a sweet idea for a giant painting I wanted to hang in there… a 4×6 foot painting of Ghostrider on his motorcycle, swinging his chain, painted in Barbie pastels. And you know… I just can’t think of another appropriate venue for that piece :D

But I guess I’m getting old and that’s the way it goes ;)

Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Hrm… something about the plaid lumberjack shirts, lackadaisical shaving and the beater “road tour” van always said “cabin in the woods” to me. But maybe it was all just a suburban fashion statement of yesteryear. ;)

Hmmm, you may be right. Those Pac Northwesters sure do like their trees and whatnot.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Manatee said:
    Hmmm, you may be right. Those Pac Northwesters sure do like their trees and whatnot.

As long as you get the right gear. ;)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/335494

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?