Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

OSU Football Season 2012-2013

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports OSU Football Season 2012-2013

This topic contains 107 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I very rarely complain about officiating, but between the horrible call on the fumble recovery, the numerous holds and illegal blocks on the 100 yard kick return, and spots that are consistently 1-2 yards ahead of ball progress so far…just wow.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Hyde’s OT TD Keeps Ohio State Perfect, 29-22
    By RUSTY MILLER AP Sports Writer
    COLUMBUS, Ohio October 20, 2012 (AP)

Many in a crowd of 105,290 thought No. 7 Ohio State had no chance of winning after star quarterback Braxton Miller went out with an injury late in the third quarter. Backup Kenny Guiton had other ideas. Guiton came off the bench in relief to lead touchdown drives in the final minute of regulation and in overtime, with Carlos Hyde scoring on a 1-yard run to clinch No. 7 Ohio State’s 29-22 victory over Purdue on Saturday.

READ MORE: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/hydes-ot-td-ohio-state-perfect-29-22-17525998#.UIMOWUI9km0

Jman4ever
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Coremodels said:
    I very rarely complain about officiating, but between the horrible call on the fumble recovery, the numerous holds and illegal blocks on the 100 yard kick return, and spots that are consistently 1-2 yards ahead of ball progress so far…just wow.

And you know who’s complaining about officiating. Danny Hope.

From his press conference…

“I thought they were able to give their quarterback good protection and I felt like our guys were doing a good job of rushing the quarterback. I felt like we had a lot of hands on our jerseys. That made it tough to manufacture the pass rush. I felt like we should have been in a position to put more pressure on their quarterback and sack their quarterback on that drive. I felt like we proably would have if we didn’t have quite so many hooks and so many hands on our jerseys.”

Also.. gotta love the OSU version of Big Bad Wolf (the Heavy) just before Carmen Ohio at the end.

Big Bad Buckeye better than Seven Nation Army and it isn’t close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxXLtEc_pPw

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This didn’t take long:

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

awesome

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Press Release:
    Ride COTA to the OSU vs. Illinois Game
    Avoid the Hassles of Traffic and Parking

COLUMBUS–The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) is offering special Express and increased Local bus service to the Ohio State University home football game Saturday, Nov. 3, when the undefeated Buckeyes host the Illini. Start time for the game is 3:30 p.m.

COTA provides convenient, low-cost Park and Ride service between the Ohio Expo Center at 17th Avenue and I-71, and 17th Avenue and Neil Avenue–approximately one block from OSU’s football stadium. Buses will arrive approximately every 5-10 minutes.

Parking for the Illinois game will be in the parking lots south of 17th Avenue. Fans should enter at Parking Entrance 3.

The cost to park at the Expo Center is only $5 and roundtrip bus fare to and from Ohio Stadium is $5.50 per adult. Children up to 12 years of age and under 48” ride free (limit three children per family). Kids up to 12 years of age and 48” and over can ride roundtrip for $2. COTA’s Expo Center Football Service begins operation three hours before kick-off. Return service begins after the third quarter and operates for two hours after game’s end. We have made the trip easy for this service; the drop-off location will be the same as the pick-up location.

Fans may take the football service bus without parking at the Expo Center for the same roundtrip fee of $5.50 per adult. Fans parking RV’s at the Expo Center are also invited to take the Express bus.

Fans can park for free and board Express football service at COTA’s Crosswoods Park and Ride, 7460 Huntington Park Dr.(just North of I-270 off of Rte.23 North), which also will also operate three hours before and two hours after each home football game. One-way Express fare is $2.75.

There will also be more frequent Local service to the campus area on the #2 N. High and #18 Kenny bus lines. One-way fare on a Local line is $2.

For more information about COTA Football Service to Ohio State home football games, go to http://www.cota.com or call COTA Customer Service at (614) 228-1776.

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Looks like 3:30 won the vote.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Ohio State Tops Illinois 52-22
    Saturday November 3, 2012 7:23 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Carlos Hyde rushed for 137 yards and three touchdowns and Braxton Miller passed for two scores and ran for another to lead No. 6 Ohio State past Illinois 52-22 on Saturday.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/11/03/ohio-state-final-game-story.html

bucki12
    Login to Send PM

News said:
    Press Release:
    Ride COTA to the OSU vs. Illinois Game
    Avoid the Hassles of Traffic and Parking

I just noticed this and it surprised me. You can park in the lots just west of the hospital right near the stadium for $15. I am not sure if paying $5 to park at the Expo Center and then pay $5.50 per adult for a roundtrip bus fair seems like that much of a savings in $ or hassle. I always assumed it was cheaper than that. I would think charging less might get some more exposure for COTA from people who might not normally be taking a bus.

brothermarcus
    brothermarcus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The cost for street parking is free roughly 1.5 miles walking distance from the stadium, and there is a slight cardiovascular benefit from the exercise… just read the signs and make sure it’s not a permit-only block, for out-of-downtowners. fyi

bye week, then we can show the Badgers what’s up.

billbix
    Login to Send PM

brothermarcus said:
    The cost for street parking is free roughly 1.5 miles walking distance from the stadium, and there is a slight cardiovascular benefit from the exercise… just read the signs and make sure it’s not a permit-only block, for out-of-downtowners. fyi

+1 Walking a little bit and soaking up the atmosphere is part of the fun of gameday. I never thought of it as a hassle.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

brothermarcus said:

bye week, then we can show the Badgers what’s up.

Or get the same cardio riding a bike to the stadium and parking for free with Pedal Instead a few hundred yards from the stadium gates.And get a Chipotle BOGO when you return.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

The Buckeye Hall of Fame Grill
    It’s official – Buckeye Grill is hosting the 10-year reunion for the 2002 National Championship Team on Friday, 11/23. Come toast the champs at 8:30pm! We’ll have the 2002 game on the TV’s, and a silent auction table with signed memorabilia to benefit the Ross Cancer Hospital.

Big thanks to Giant Eagle and the Ross Cancer Hospital for supporting this 10th anniversary event!

pez
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

12-0!

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Ohio State Remains No. 4 In AP Rankings
    By: Associated Press | NBC4
    Published: November 26, 2012

Notre Dame is No. 1 in The Associated Press college football rankings with nothing left to do but wait to find out who its opponent in the national championship game will be.

READ MORE: http://www2.nbc4i.com/sports/2012/nov/26/notre-dame-still-1-ap-rankings-ar-1253089/

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?