Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

OSU Football 2011-2012 Season

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports OSU Football 2011-2012 Season

This topic contains 134 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Anne Evans Anne Evans 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

No Spring Game this year, instead:

Quote:
    On Saturday, the Ohio State football team will close out spring practice without holding its annual Scarlet and Gray game.

Instead, the team is forced to finish spring practice with a jersey scrimmage featuring the Buckeye offense facing the Buckeye defense because of injuries and a lack of depth, especially along the offensive line.”

Happening on Sat April 23

Read More

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

2011-2012 SCHEDULE

09/03/11 vs. Akron
    Columbus, Ohio 12:00 p.m. ET

09/10/11 vs. Toledo
    Columbus, Ohio 12:00 p.m. ET

09/17/11 at Miami
    Miami, Fla. 7:30/8:00 PM ET

09/24/11 vs. Colorado
    Columbus, Ohio TBA

10/01/11 vs. Michigan State *
    Columbus, Ohio TBA

10/08/11 at Nebraska *
    Lincoln, Neb. 8:00 p.m. ET

10/15/11 at Illinois *
    Champaign, Ill. TBA

10/29/11 vs. Wisconsin *
    Columbus, Ohio 8:00 p.m. ET

11/05/11 vs. Indiana *
    Columbus, Ohio TBA

11/12/11 at Purdue *
    West Lafayette, Ind. TBA

11/19/11 vs. Penn State *
    Columbus, Ohio TBA

11/26/11 at Michigan *
    Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA

12/03/11 Big Ten Championship *
    Indianapolis, Ind. TBA

maveric1
    maveric1
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It should be an interesting season. Looking forward to watching some football instead of hearing about NCAA violation.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

maveric1 said:
    It should be an interesting season. Looking forward to watching some football instead of hearing about NCAA violation.

100% with you on this. All the question marks will actually make this a REALLY fun season to watch, IMO, with a chance to see more of some young talent we probably wouldn’t have.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Anyone going to the game today? It’s always 10 degrees hotter inside the stadium, which means that it will be approximately 900 degrees in there today.

lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

We got tickets to the Mich St game, I think games are better with the students back. I don’t think they are back yet.

bman
    Login to Send PM

Go Bucks!

Good luck Coach Fickell.

brothermarcus
    brothermarcus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I really liked how things went yesterday, hope the same attitude and work ethic comes out each week as suspended players return to the roster. Sweat definitely impressed me!

bman
    Login to Send PM

brothermarcus said:
    I really liked how things went yesterday, hope the same attitude and work ethic comes out each week as suspended players return to the roster. Sweat definitely impressed me!

We were playing an awful Akron team and we did not look very good … IMO! We need to get better fast or Toledo will spank us this coming weekend. I want the team to succeed but I was just not impressed yesterday and maybe it was missing Boom and others.

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bman said:
    We were playing an awful Akron team and we did not look very good … IMO! We need to get better fast or Toledo will spank us this coming weekend. I want the team to succeed but I was just not impressed yesterday and maybe it was missing Boom and others.

We didn’t look very good?!? While I agree we played a sub par team, when your defense scores a shutout, your QBs combine for 20/28 with zero picks, 4 TDs, and almost 300 yards, and you have a couple running backs putting up stellar numbers (while the starters are sidelined), I’m not sure what more you could ask for.

BTW, with Boom on the sidelines, Hyde put up 93 yards and almost 5 yards per carry.

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bman said:

We could’ve put up 70+ points up on Akron if we wanted to. Their DB’s didn’t stand a chance against our third string receivers. We weren’t out to embarrass them, and Fickell kept the game plan pretty simple as to not show upcoming opponents all of our playbook weapons. They looked FINE, actually more than fine. Bauserman looked extremely composed, which was a surprise for me based on his past (albeit brief) showings.

An excellent start to the season.

bman
    Login to Send PM

I am a buckeye fan but I think you guys are looking at this thru scarlet colored glasses!

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bman said:
    I am a buckeye fan but I think you guys are looking at this thru scarlet colored glasses!

Tell me what area you saw a problem? QB accuracy? Running the ball? Defense? Again, I’m looking at numbers.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

It was boring, but what do you expect? Akron won only one game last year (one more than OSU). The Michigan-Western Michigan game was better, even though they didn’t get to finish the game, UM would have shut the lights on WMich.

BCNation
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Holy Toledo…the Rockets have actually come to play. Three more quarters left to shock the world…keep it up, Toledo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?