Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Ohio Raves - All ages?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Ohio Raves – All ages?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Citrus 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Citrus
    Login to Send PM

Hi there CU..

just wondering if there where any ALL AGES Raves/underground clubs in Ohio(in/around Columbus)

Almost 16 so, i cant get in to any of the ones i have found since they are 18 or 21+ and require a Valid ID at the door :x

Thanks,

Citrus

♥♥PLUR♥♥

some dude in clintonville
    Login to Send PM

Why would a 16 year old want to go to a rave?

brothermarcus
    brothermarcus
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

some dude in clintonville wrote Why would a 16 year old want to go to a rave?

Because they are nostalgic about the scene that peaked in Columbus when they were about a year old and died before they were in kindergarten.

You likely won’t see an all-ages *rave* in Columbus proper for a few reasons including liability, lack of profit on an under-18 market (and under 21 for that matter, drinks = $), and some restrictive dancehall restrictions on how late the event can run.

Citrus
    Login to Send PM

Ohio is just a dead zone…….

Everywhere else has`em

PA,NY,MI, Etc….

knew i liked MI Xp

Citrus
    Login to Send PM

some dude in clintonville wrote Why would a 16 year old want to go to a rave?

Oi, Cuz we like the music and crowds :lol:

And most like the drugs(Not me…)

And i`m not the youngest…there is a 14Y.O in Cinci. thats looking to…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Citrus wrote just wondering if there where any ALL AGES Raves/underground clubs in Ohio(in/around Columbus)

Could be some listed here:

http://www.sceneohio.com/board/viewforum.php?f=2

Good luck! ;)

jamesm
    Login to Send PM

I don’t remember ever going to a rave that cared about the age of those who went.

I think all the ones I went to were in Dayton though.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Citrus wrote Ohio is just a dead zone…….

Everywhere else has`em

PA,NY,MI, Etc….

knew i liked MI Xp

well great… then you know where to go to find ‘em. Not much of a drive…

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This thread makes me long for Enzo.

mightymighty
    mightymighty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

brothermarcus wrote

Because they are nostalgic about the scene that peaked in Columbus when they were about a year old and died before they were in kindergarten.

HAha!

But yesh, the more interesting parties that happen now a-days are not publicly advertised, or if they are have insurance to sweat & probably are not interested in minors as it is hard to play as an adult when there are teens/kids around (we don’t want to be held liable for whatever crap you want to get into).

If you’re a teen and want to have a teen rave, I suggest you figure out a way to put one on yourself.

Tenzo
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote
    Citrus wrote just wondering if there where any ALL AGES Raves/underground clubs in Ohio(in/around Columbus)

Good luck! ;)

Doesn’t it being listed automatically count it out?

The best parties were word of mouth, illegal and impromptu.

Having a planned rave (mush less listed) is like telling a neighbor you are going to TP his house Friday and is it OK with him.

beat poet
    Login to Send PM

Tenzo wrote
    Walker wrote

Good luck! ;)

Doesn’t it being listed automatically count it out?

The best parties were word of mouth, illegal and impromptu.

Having a planned rave (mush less listed) is like telling a neighbor you are going to TP his house Friday and is it OK with him.

Not really. Most ‘raves’ that happen nowadays are all advertised online extensively on message boards and myspace/facebook/etc. Gone are the days of word of mouth events, map points and such.

WILDMAN
    Login to Send PM

damn…..things have truly change from when i was a kid that went to raves in my young days. i never remember having to go online or look for flyers for raves. people just knew where they were going to be by word of mouth which made it underground raves so much fun b/c parents, cops, etc….had a hard time trying to figure out where everyone was at. i didn’t even know raves are still around. let me take that back, i know they are still around but are they as strong as they use to be many years ago? oh well. good luck young ones in finding raves.

enzo
    enzo
    Login to Send PM

Coremodels wrote This thread makes me long for Enzo.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Full Moon Party…..

Dear Citrus travel to Goa, Ibiza, Israel

Actually, last night and tonight the moon is full and there is no power you should have your own…

Tenzo
    Login to Send PM

WILDMAN wrote damn…..things have truly change from when i was a kid that went to raves in my young days. i never remember having to go online or look for flyers for raves. people just knew where they were going to be by word of mouth which made it underground raves so much fun b/c parents, cops, etc….had a hard time trying to figure out where everyone was at. i didn’t even know raves are still around. let me take that back, i know they are still around but are they as strong as they use to be many years ago? oh well. good luck young ones in finding raves.

I’m guessing that the Raves of old no longer exist.

I remember going to a couple that were in property that was being developed or abandoned. Most of them were in industrial lofts in semi-developed areas. The scafolding and the sheets of plastic hanging over broken windows added to the feel. Part of the fun was it being a different place and not legal. As for ages, I’ve met 14 year olds at raves. How can you have an age limit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?