Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Ohio Ban on Alcohol Energy Drinks

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Ohio Ban on Alcohol Energy Drinks

This topic contains 102 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by News News 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JimL2 wrote >>
    Also, you really want to drink them out of a clear glass, so you can appreciate the color. In a way, Four Loko is exactly what “malt liquor of the future” should be.
    edit: wait scratch that thought, malt liquor of the future would also have little flavor-spheres floating in it.

Damn I used to love some Clearly Canadian, which is weird because I hate Canada.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

misskitty wrote >>
    So I was thinking about this more and I got to say this is silly I can’t believe we would waste time or money banning this.

This actually isn’t a ban. It’s Ohio Liquor Control asking the makers of these products to stop distributing them in Ohio, and those companies complying.

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

edit: wait scratch that thought, malt liquor of the future would also have little flavor-spheres floating in it.

No God no… Orbitz was just not my thing.
    There was something weird about having slimy floating balls in my drink. I don’t think we should ever go back there. lol

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

^SIGNATURES!

somertimeoh
    somertimeoh
    Login to Send PM

Now I feel dumb for finally junking the Sparks! that had been in my fridge for years. It could have been the last caffeinated one in existence. Missed opportunity, grrrrr :(

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Sparks is nothing like Four Loko. They both taste terrible, but Loko approximates what I’d assume a meth binge to feel like. It makes my arms and face go nearly numb after only about a 1/3 of a can, and after a whole one, I have a hard time making a coherent thought for at least an hour after that shit is gone. I can drink excessive amounts of nearly anything and not feel nearly as much of a mess as I do after one can of Four Loko. Whatever is in there is pure evil.

And unlike whiskey, it tastes like shit.

10sun
    10sun
    Login to Send PM

I sense a LAN party experiment for Friday.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

But that being said, I say if people want to drink disgusting booze that makes them behave like meth heads, so be it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

10sun wrote >>

>:(

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

MFRONE wrote >>
    Guess I’ve missed it but I’ve never seen Four Loko advertised anywhere.

I read this yesterday and thought I had seen it advertised somewhere but couldn’t quite place it. Maybe a billboard or something…

…but then last night when headed home from Bar L’étranger, I spotted a big vinyl advertisement for it inside that carryout on the corner of Third and Summit. It was posted right on the front counter as you walk in the door (I saw it through the open door).

So there ya go.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>

10sun wrote >>

Seriously…if you want to maintain effective use of your limbs, I don’t recommend it.

10sun
    10sun
    Login to Send PM

osulew wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

10sun wrote >>

Seriously…if you want to maintain effective use of your limbs, I don’t recommend it.

I didn’t say I wanted to drink it, but rather I’ll see who I can get to drink cans of the shit.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

10sun wrote >>

osulew wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

10sun wrote >>

I didn’t say I wanted to drink it, but rather I’ll see who I can get to drink cans of the shit.

ahhhhh. gotcha.

MFRONE
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>

MFRONE wrote >>
    Guess I’ve missed it but I’ve never seen Four Loko advertised anywhere.

I read this yesterday and thought I had seen it advertised somewhere but couldn’t quite place it. Maybe a billboard or something…
    …but then last night when headed home from Bar L’étranger, I spotted a big vinyl advertisement for it inside that carryout on the corner of Third and Summit. It was posted right on the front counter as you walk in the door (I saw it through the open door).
    So there ya go.

Can that really be considered advertising to minors though? I see ads for all types of liquors/alcohol when I go to carryouts or liquor agencies. This is all just an overreaction by some people and I’m surprised that the companies are not putting up a fight over it.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

if you actually want this revolting crap just make it yourself. instructions follow: http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/make-your-own-four-loko-homebrew

I’ll stick to whiskey in coffee, thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?