Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

Off the Menu: The Flavors of Autumn (Slow Food/The Refectory)

Home Forums Events Food & Drink Events Off the Menu: The Flavors of Autumn (Slow Food/The Refectory)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Bear Bear 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bear
    Bear
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Slow Food Columbus announces…

Off the Menu: The Flavors of Autumn

The Refectory

1092 Bethel Road, Columbus

Tuesday, November 15, 6:30 p.m.

$75 member / $85 nonmember (all-inclusive) + $1.99 ticketing fee

Our Off the Menu series recognizes the fact that consumers bear some responsibility for what ends up on the plate at restaurants. We offer chefs an audience for the food that they’re most passionate about—whether it’s ultra-traditional, experimental, cutting-edge, or just the sort of thing that lights up a food geek’s eyes.

We are very excited to announce our next Off the Menu event, the Flavors of Autumn Dinner at the Refectory. Chef Richard Blondin, chef of The Refectory and a native of Lyon, France, who studied under chefs Pierre Orsi and Paul Bocuse, and Kamal Boulos, the Refectory’s owner, will delight us with a unique menu featuring autumn flavors, including wild game paired with regional French wines. Chef Blondin’s passion and culinary expertise—his French country-style game recipes have been collected in a cookbook entitled The Hunter’s Table—are the inspiration for the menu.

The full, rich flavor of the field-harvested meats that comprise the menu underscore Slow Food’s central message: ethics, sustainability, and pleasure go hand in hand. Please join us.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Considering The Refectory is one of my favorite restaurants in Cbus, this is definitely on my To Do list.

Bear
    Bear
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Quick bump: This is coming up, and there are still seats left. It’s really a unique opportunity, one that I don’t imagine I’ll see again any time soon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.