Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

Off Contract Iphone, $45 unlimited everything from Walmart

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Off Contract Iphone, $45 unlimited everything from Walmart

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  geoyui 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walmart will offer an unlimited data, text, voice on an off contract iphone for $45. Has anyone used Straight Talk? I’ve used the large wireless providers (ATT, Sprint) so I was wondering how the quality and coverage of straight talk is.

Walmart off contract Iphone, $45 unlimited plan

lilbit
    lilbit
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m also very curious as to others’ experiences with no-contract plans. You get what you pay for…right? Or wrong?

johnwashere
    johnwashere
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

My sister has been using straight talk for about 5-6 months now and likes it. I believe they use only AT&T or Sprint towers, depending on what phone you get. Service is decent. She currently has a cheap android phone on t.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Found an interesting review here:

Straight Talk: It could let you dump AT&T or T-Mobile [/url]

“Unlimited” comes with some caveats.

bjones7
    bjones7
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ya but the only bad thing is that you have to pay FULL price. So if you want to DRIOD or iPhone get ready to shell some big $$$$$ . However depending on your current contract plan I’ve read that 8 out of 10 people say that over 18 months with straight talk and purchase of iPhone you do save $$.

Patch
    Patch
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bjones7 said:
    Ya but the only bad thing is that you have to pay FULL price. So if you want to DRIOD or iPhone get ready to shell some big $$$$$ . However depending on your current contract plan I’ve read that 8 out of 10 people say that over 18 months with straight talk and purchase of iPhone you do save $$.

I wonder if you can buy an unlocked phone off of craigslist/ebay and use it.

That would save you quite a bit right off the bat.

mrmann
    Login to Send PM

Patch said:
    I wonder if you can buy an unlocked phone off of craigslist/ebay and use it.

That would save you quite a bit right off the bat.

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Straight_Talk_iPhone

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

bjones7 said:

I don’t remember if it was in the article that was posted or another that I read regarding this, but you would actually spend less money in the long run this way. I believe it was something like $1800 over two years for the phone and monthly service on straight talk vs $3200 for the same phone and service at Verizon or AT&T.

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Apparently, you can get a comparable plan with Sprint?

You can do better then Walmart’s great new iphone deal[/url]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?