Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Nunnally v. Ganahl: Battle of the Columbus Weather Heavyweights!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nunnally v. Ganahl: Battle of the Columbus Weather Heavyweights!

This topic contains 110 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bob.os 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Ganahl is totally a power bottom.

And I love the owls.

Gig3000
    Login to Send PM

Never liked Ganahl since that Nelson Kraus thing. And now this..

Twixlen
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Isn’t the whole point of something being libelous that it causes public harm? If no one knows what the harm is, is there libel?

I can’t see how this would go to court and not have the claim be made public.

Jman4ever
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Twixlen said:
    Isn’t the whole point of something being libelous that it causes public harm? If no one knows what the harm is, is there libel?

I can’t see how this would go to court and not have the claim be made public.

I am assuming it was done in the meteorologist type professional circles.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Jman4ever said:
    I am assuming it was done in the meteorologist type professional circles.

Is that kind of like…

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Alas, inquiring minds of CU may never find out. According to today’s Dispatch::

The lawsuit says that Ganahl and perhaps “an unknown individual or individuals” made false statements that injured Nunnally in his “trade or profession” and exposed him to “ridicule, hatred or contempt.”

The complaint, filed on Nov. 5, says the statements were written in June, but does not reveal what Ganahl is accused of writing or where he wrote it.

Attaching the written material to the complaint would cause further injury, according to Nunnally’s lawyer, Jennifer Joseph. She wants to provide the material to the court under seal.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

They share the same forecasting equipment in the studio, right? I wonder if they screw with each others’ settings and stuff.

roy
    roy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Gig3000 said:
    Never liked Ganahl since that Nelson Kraus thing. And now this..

It wasn’t so much he was using, it was that 1) he ruined Nelson’s career and 2) he used SUPPOSITORIES!

I got nothing against Dilaudid but had never then and have never since heard of recreational users selecting suppositories. The tiny tablets cold shake in a syringe and in the 70s some manufacturers added a compound that caused them to gel on contact with water to discourage intravenous users. Suppositories could be very useful for cancer patients, but why in the world would any self respecting recreational narcotics user choose ‘buzz by rectum’ when Dilaudid is readily available in small oral tabs?

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

@roy, I’d say his problem had moved beyond the self respecting phase at that point to addict.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

When I was in high school, someone got some sort of barbiturate similar to quaalude, but nobody was interested because they were suppositories.

I was joking about that in this year’s April Fools item about a new recreational suppository line, laced with capsaicin.

2thDoc
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zro4CfP9wY

I know that they work for the same station, but maybe they can pit the morning news against the evening news. My money would be on Nunnally.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

pssh, nunnally is soft. ganahl would prison shank him. ben gelber on the other hand would feast on them both.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

roy said:
    ‘buzz by rectum’

Term of the Day! ;)

misskitty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

but why in the world would any self respecting recreational narcotics user choose ‘buzz by rectum’ when Dilaudid is readily available in small oral tabs?

From what I have heard swallowing tends to be the slowest method of ingesting your body has a chance to filter some of the good stuff so plugging works with the many veins in the anal passage passing the drug into the blood stream quite rapidly. Although it lacks the same rush as shooting it, some people find it is safer and easier to function day-to-day and not noticeable from injection. Therefore, what it really means is if you are to this point, you are a hard core addicted once you move past taking them orally you have hit the wall it is downhill from there.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?