Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

New Year's 2010

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion New Year’s 2010

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by GeoKel GeoKel 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    GeoKel
    GeoKel
    Login to Send PM

What do you think is the best spot in Columbus to ring in the New Year?

Last year we rocked it out with the Spikedrivers at Rumba Cafe, but this year we want to try something new. Suggestions?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I think the NYE bash at the Renaissance Hotel sounds great. If I could drink champagne, that is where I would want to be!

pregame
    pregame
    Login to Send PM

GeoKel wrote >>
    What do you think is the best spot in Columbus to ring in the New Year?
    Last year we rocked it out with the Spikedrivers at Rumba Cafe, but this year we want to try something new. Suggestions?

greenhouse1014
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

what makes it so elite? Do I need to be on a list or can everyone get in? If everyone, not so elite. And such a low cover. Again, fail on elite.

I know, picky, but that bothers me.

Sandersen
    Sandersen
    Login to Send PM

Hahaha…”elite” huh? That probably means they check how expensive your hair gel is, and how pricey a brand of chest hair scent you use before they let you in.

bayrea
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I am dusting off the vinyl and DJ’ing Prom style @ Promowest.

Neil Jaye
    Neil Jaye
    Login to Send PM

If you want to hit the bars, clubs or events there are probably too many options to mention but over the past few years I have discovered that the best way to ring in the New Year is at private parties with close and personal friends.

There are many reasons; costs saving, no parking hassles, avoid potetial DUI’s, etc. But the biggest reason is you’re spending NYE with the people that really matter to you and not a room with 1000 virtual strangers.

That’s just my opinion…Happy New Year!!!!!!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hey! Nice DJ name. :)

ColumbusLivePhoto
    ColumbusLivePhoto
    Login to Send PM

I’ll be at the Renaissance again this year. There are a lot of good events this year it seems. That Re-Prom at Promowest looks like it could be a lot of fun. Some good local rock shows and good club nights too.

JenniferBrown
    JenniferBrown
    Login to Send PM

I’m going to Wild Goose Creative. It’s $15 for tickets + $15 for a cup that they fill all night.

bayrea
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

A little bump here… only one week away.

Bristol Bar
    Bristol Bar
    Login to Send PM

Today is the last day to get the discounted tickets for our NYE party at Bristol. All you can eat from Lavash and all you can drink for $55.

Ruckus Roboticus plays all night!

Tomorrow, the price goes up to $70.

Whatever you do, have a great and safe holiday.

lilbit
    lilbit
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Yes, the Renaissance should be fun. And I’m sure there will be other beverages besides champagne!

Anne wrote >>
    I think the NYE bash at the Renaissance Hotel sounds great. If I could drink champagne, that is where I would want to be!

maveric1
    maveric1
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Does anyone know whether the bars in Short North will be chargin cover? I want to do a NYE crawl but I know alot of bars do charge cover during NYE.

JonMyers
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Most bars in the SN have not charged a cover on NYE in the past.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?