Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

Manifesto - New Scotch Bar & Tuscan Grato - Opening Downtown 11.12.12

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Manifesto – New Scotch Bar & Tuscan Grato – Opening Downtown 11.12.12

This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  de-NOVO bistro 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Seriously, what is a Grato.

I fear it is some Tuscan code word for something unpleasant.

de-NOVO bistro
    Login to Send PM

We are so excited.. thank you for your excitement as well. Grato in Italian also translates as “grille” specifically “at window” With being rustic tuscan food, AND our entire front is a wall of windows overlooking the state house, seemed appropriate.. cant wait to share more news in coming days..

John M Guffens
    John M Guffens
    Login to Send PM

Wow! A “rustic Tuscan Grato and full scotch bar”! What’s next, maybe a Vegan Sushi restaurant that plays Klezmer speed metal?!?! Lord…

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

John M Guffens said:
    Wow! A “rustic Tuscan Grato and full scotch bar”! What’s next, maybe a Vegan Sushi restaurant that plays Klezmer speed metal?!?! Lord…

Or maybe you funding your own concept so we all can rip it before it’s open. Lord…

mwood
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

John M Guffens said:

I see that someone hasn’t been to Hal&Al’s. Lord…

On topic:
    I’m really looking forward to the opening — seems like a great place for a date night.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

So, has anyone been in to check it out yet? ;)

Campbell
    Login to Send PM

Not yet. Why don’t you go and report back to everyone.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

It’s on my list. Been quite busy lately. ;)

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post.

zp945
    zp945
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

My wife and I stopped in for an appetizer and a few drinks last night. I really liked the dark, sunken bar area. The appetizer was good and reasonably prized. We both liked our drinks but I thought mine was a little small for the price, my wife’s was HUGE and a few bucks less. I would definitely go back and it seems they are already drawing the “men in suits” crowd. I prefer this to De Novo.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Nice!

I popped in for a minute today and took a quick photo, but didn’t have any food/drinks. Love the decor though! Similar level of attention to detail like deNOVO, but a bit more dark and manly. I imagine this is place that Ron Swanson would take a date to impress her.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Stopped in last Friday to treat myself for my birthday. Very impressed with the space, the food was excellent (whole fish with brussel sprouts and pancetta) and Scotch list impressive (found a new-to-me distillery I will have to explore more).

You can tell the staff are still learning but didn’t seem to be an issue while I was there. Their management team seems to have a good hand on everything. Almost ordered a cocktail to test that end but I saw them preparing another drink with the fishbowl sized cocktail glass and decided to pass. On the cocktail end, I think Mouton has spoiled me with just right portions, presentations and outstanding cocktails.

ETA

Laura/Lauren (know it’s one of the two) offered that there will be some great happy hour deals coming on line.

MichaelC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Had a pre-Thanksgiving meal here. Both my buddy and I were very impressed with the quality of the cocktail and the quality of the entree. He had the beef cheek, and I had the butternut squash lasagne, which was delicious. Great service, extremely fair price.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Restaurant review: Manifesto
    By G.A. Benton

You can read the writing on the walls inside of Manifesto — and there’s a lot of it. See, this brand new Downtown showpiece from the De-Novo team is filled with aphoristic quips appearing in large and loose script. Occasionally they’re accompanied by sketched portraits of presidents facing-up to their words, but the scrawl’s also authorless — or attributed to such people as Deepak Chopra (?!?). Earning pride-of-space among this verbiage is that shout-out to “The Crazy Ones” that served as the text for a series of famous Apple commercials (Synopsis: let’s praise the gifted misfits not fond of rules whom you can disagree with but not ignore).

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2012/12/06/restaurant-review-manifesto.html

Cbusflyer
    Login to Send PM

The wife and I went here a week ago and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The food was great and very reasonably priced. This would be a great place to go before a show at the OHIO theater.

MichaelC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

The Dispatch has a story up today: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2012/12/11/manifestos-destiny-to-pair-scotch-with-food.html

And this new bit of very exciting news about the owners’ plans:

Manifesto is part of the couple’s larger plans for Downtown. They plan to open two more restaurants in the heart of Columbus in 2013, and are finalizing leases. One of their new concepts will be a French wine bar.“I think Columbus is ready for it,” she said. “People want options. They’r e coming Downtown as a destination, and there’s more residential coming. We’re excited, and we’re not hesitating.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?