Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

New retail @ State and High?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A New retail @ State and High?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  heresthecasey 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Went by the old Cord Camera space at state and high yesterday and saw the ‘for lease’ signs are down, paper is up in the windows,, and the walls have been painted yellow. The space has been empty for quite a while and is on a prime corner downtown.

Anyone know whats going in here? (at least it cant be another subway, i hope, because they’re the next door neighbor)

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Not sure what it is but it’s good to see something going in. The storefronts in the Lazarus building are looking good. Anybody heard of any tenants yet? and are’nt they supposed to be tearing down City Center this month?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I noticed the work at the old Cord Camera space too, although I’m also unsure of what it is.

I heard a rumor that a Tim Horton’s may be moving into one of the Lazarus spaces (hence the reason for their downtown giveaway events a few months ago), but I haven’t heard of anything else yet.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker wrote >>

I heard a rumor that a Tim Horton’s may be moving into one of the Lazarus spaces (hence the reason for their downtown giveaway events a few months ago), but I haven’t heard of anything else yet.

That would be great, but I wonder why they would close the Wendy’s/Tim Horton’s across High Street and open a new one within one year? I miss Glazed Old Fashions downtown. Their donuts + Dunkin Donuts coffee = yum.

BTW – I was wondering about that space too (old Cord Camera). I hope someone chimes in, or asks about it on their way the Red White & Boom. (PLease)

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Maybe a Dirty Franks II?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

patient_zero wrote >>
    That would be great, but I wonder why they would close the Wendy’s/Tim Horton’s across High Street and open a new one within one year?

Has it only been a year? That Wendy’s closed a year and a half ago, but I though the TH had closed before that? They’re no longer owned by the same parent company, so I imagine that the old location would probably be too big for them to stay in it alone. Besides… new spaces are always shinier and more attractive, right? ;)

Anyway, if the rumor does hold true and they are coming to the Lazarus building, I’m going to assume that they may be bringing Coldstone with them:

http://www.columbusunderground.com/coldstone-time-hortons-teaming-up-in-ohio

sjf
    sjf
    Login to Send PM

I’m excited to see the development on that side of high. The storefronts look very nice. I hope some retail ventures into the area, too. I’m not sure if downtown has reached any sort of saturation with restaurants, but it needs retail much more imo.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Looks like a place called Bogard Insurance & Financial Services.

honavery
    Login to Send PM

Anne wrote >>
    Looks like a place called Bogard Insurance & Financial Services.

Boo, I can’t eat that.

Still, good to have the space filled I suppose.

greenhouse1014
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

“Bogard”…te hee. Hey, quit bogarding that insurance claim…

ok, maybe thats only funny to me.

MTBUSH
    MTBUSH
    Login to Send PM

Yeah Nacy Pyon (from such fame as the Pyon agency on the Cap) is moving some of her business to that site with a buddy.

Columbusite
    Login to Send PM

Just what Downtown was missing: more lawyers.

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Downtown could always use some more workers. No complaints here.

chaptal
    chaptal
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Columbusite wrote >>
    Just what Downtown was missing: more lawyers.

One less empty storefront.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?