Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

New Outlet Mall(s) Planned for Central Ohio

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping New Outlet Mall(s) Planned for Central Ohio

This topic contains 171 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by News News 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

bman said:
    I was at Polaris and Easton yesterday and both were cluster you know whats with people.

They were both busy on a Saturday between Thanksgiving and Christmas? With 60 degree temperatures?

You don’t say!

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Delaware County Tanger Outlet Could Hit Road Block
    Tuesday December 4, 2012

DELAWARE, Ohio – Some residents living near an area slated to be developed are nervous about traffic. The 350,000-square-foot outlet, which is owned by the Simon Property Group and the Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, is planned for a location off of Interstate 71, 20 miles north of downtown and 11 miles north of Interstate 270, The Columbus Dispatch reported.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/12/04/delaware-tanger-outlet-mall-could-hit-roadblock.html

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I can’t imagine a few local residents stopping this project.

wpcc88
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

move it to the other side away from Alum Creek.. it will be a virtual nightmare during the summer

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    I drive by that place every day and wonder about it.

I hate to even advertise it publicly because I’m tempted to keep it a secret, but it’s awesome. quit your wonderin’ and go in there some day. order a beer? expect it in can.

News
    News
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

New Outlet Mall Set To Bring Upscale Stores, Traffic To Sunbury
    By: DENISE YOST | NBC4
    Published: December 04, 2012

A new outlet mall is coming to Delaware County, and that means jobs and bargains – along with more traffic for an already busy interchange. Tanger Outlets Corporation is building a 350,000 square foot mall at Interstate 71 and state Routes 36/37, and it’s scheduled to be open for the 2014 holiday season.

READ MORE: http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/dec/04/new-outlet-mall-set-bring-upscale-stores-traffic-s-ar-1264048/

Navin R Johnson
    Login to Send PM

Mister Shifter said:
    I’m not trying to be contrarian, but I’m not sure that an outlet mall 11 miles north of 270 off I-71 is going to have any effect on dining in Crosswoods.

You’re not being contrarian, you are simply stating your opinion, which happens to be absolutely correct in this case. Calm down, take a deep breath, and quit worrying…..I don’t think Walker will put you on the naughty list just yet. But then again…

Walker said:
    I’m not a retail industry expert,

We hold this truth to be self evident. It is refreshing, however, to see you be so humble

Walker said:
    but I feel as though I’ve talked to enough of them to safely say…

Ah there it is……never mind then. A secondhand professional. As always, your expert opinion is appreciated.

Walker said:
    They were both busy on a Saturday between Thanksgiving and Christmas? With 60 degree temperatures?

You don’t say!

Ah, mockery. The sincerest form of blog moderation.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

Its too early to be picking fights. Give it a rest.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Its too early to be picking fights. Give it a rest.

Speaking of which,

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lewis-center-oh/TKAEE6D60CEHG22FJ

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Homework time, I’m just starting to read the stormwater standards for Delaware County, and I’ve already found this:

The lack of not meeting any of the requirements mentioned above shall be
    cause for disapproval of the plan.

Needs an editor.

It’s Article IX in the Standards Manual:

http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/engineer/Development/Standards/Articles%20I%20thru%20XII/Article%20IX.pdf

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

alexs said:
    I’m just starting to read the stormwater standards for Delaware County

I bet it’s a real page turner.

melikecheese
    melikecheese
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

wpcc88 said:
    move it to the other side away from Alum Creek.. it will be a virtual nightmare during the summer

Why is this? What will be a nightmare? You expecting some crazy traffic or something?

geoyui
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Is there much rush hour traffic that far north of 270? Whenever I’ve driven thru Lodi or Jeffersonville, zero issues with traffic.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

geoyui said:
    Is there much rush hour traffic that far north of 270? Whenever I’ve driven thru Lodi or Jeffersonville, zero issues with traffic.

Oh heck yes it’s busy up there. It’s a major crossroads with a lot of activity immediately around it.

Alex Silbajoris
    Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

vestanpance said:
    I bet it’s a real page turner.

OK, done reading it.

I was looking for anything calling for, or allowing, anything like rain gardens. There are requirements for detention basins, but it seems they are constrained to seeded (grass) areas meeting criteria like degrees of slopes and discharge area design. BTW any basin has to have a designed overflow able to handle a 100-year storm with the normal outlet plugged. Dang I thought I was hard-assed about designing for overflow.

Anyway it seems there’s no encouragement of “green design” elements.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?