Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

122 Olde Towne - New Apartment Development Proposed on Parsons Avenue

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion 122 Olde Towne – New Apartment Development Proposed on Parsons Avenue

This topic contains 139 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  citywalker 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    romanh
    romanh
    Participant

Any more info on the following?

122 Parsons Avenue – BZA Application (New Development 122 Olde Towne

Urban Townhomes)

The City of Columbus has

received a request from Woods Development Group, Arch City

Development and Brexton to develop a 40 Unit apartment and townhome

complex, which consists of 3 buildings, located between Parsons

Avenue, Gustavus Lane and East Chapel Street.

Pro Se
    Participant

Wow! I really hope this is legit! Infill at this gravel lot eye soar would really tie together the Parsons OTE corridor! It might even prompt development of the old CSG Italianate building nearby. Where did you learn of this? Fingers crossed.

jbcmh81
    Participant

Where is that from? Link?

romanh
    romanh
    Participant

From OTENA message board

romanh
    romanh
    Participant

I’m speculating that this might be the future website for the project:
    http://122ote.com

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

The zoning variance request has renderings. Looks like a nice project. Four story building on Parsons with townhomes facing Chapel and Gustavus.

Variance Application Here

Great to see some large new builds in Olde Towne. If new construction makes economic sense for developers now that spells good things for future development in the neighborhood!

Not that Tom
    Not that Tom
    Participant

That’s awesome! It is fantastic for Olde Towne get a development on that spot — great location

However, is it true that the buildings on the other side of Parsons north to Oak Street will be demolished for the future phase of the I71 project? My friend told me that.

I’d hate to see Carabar / Upper Cup have to move locations, especially with this development on the way…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not that Tom said:
    However, is it true that the buildings on the other side of Parsons north to Oak Street will be demolished for the future phase of the I71 project? My friend told me that.

I’d hate to see Carabar / Upper Cup have to move locations, especially with this development on the way…

The ET Paul and Carabar buildings have been on ODOT’s Death Row for a long time now:

E.T. Paul & Carabar to be sacrificed for 70/71 Split

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Not that Tom said:
    That’s awesome! It is fantastic for Olde Towne get a development on that spot — great location

I may be wrong but I believe that demolition was proposed for the tire shop and the Carabar building. None of the others though. Fortunately that is far down the road so perhaps plans will change.

News
    Participant

Forty-Unit Apartment Development Proposed for Old Towne East
    Published on January 31, 2014 12:50 pm
    By: Brent Warren

A 40-unit, three-building apartment development has been proposed for a long-vacant lot at 122 Parsons Avenue. The project, which is being developed jointly by Woods Development Group, Brexton, and Arch City Development, has been presented to the Near East Area Commission but still awaits final approval from the group.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/forty-unit-apartment-development-proposed-for-old-towne-east-bw1

peter
    Participant

Very exciting!

Lisa Daly
    Participant

What is planned for the Brooks Building on the corner of Bryden and Parsons? Is that still standing based on this development. I’m sure the apt dwellers won’t like having that building butting right up to it!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Complete crap.

WHERE oh WHERE is the ground floor retail? The multi-level parking garage? GAG! There’s a SURFACE LOT planned! Such suburban design has no place in an urban neighborhood.

NO PLACE I SAY!!

/kidding ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The design and density looks great, and this will be a great infill project for Parsons.

That being said, it would make a lot of sense to build ground-floor retail for this placement. OTE is largely a residential neighborhood, so it wouldn’t make sense on a lot of streets, but Parsons is already a pretty major commercial strip for the neighborhood. If you’re going to do ground-floor retail/office, this is a prime spot for it.

RellekOTE
    Participant

I can’t agree more, Walker… This would be a great opportunity to expand on an already bustling commercial street. Especially with the future loss of ET Paul and Carabar. Either way, glad to see something fill this empty gravel lot!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.