Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

Lucky's Farmers Market - New Grocery Store in Clintonville

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Lucky's Farmers Market – New Grocery Store in Clintonville

This topic contains 111 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by countessbranca countessbranca 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Grocery store’s new venture will kick off in Clintonville

Lucky’s Farmers Market plans High Street store, its first outside Colorado

By KEVIN PARKS

ThisWeek Community News

Quote:
    A grocery store in Boulder, Colo., is making the leap to a chain operation — and Clintonville is on tap as its first new location.

Lucky’s Farmers Market of Columbus LLC filed incorporation papers with the Ohio Secretary of State’s Office on Jan. 7, but prior to that, a local attorney had initiated the process for obtaining variances for the proposed store at 2784 N. High St., formerly a Goodwill thrift store.

The new store will be located across the street from Giant Eagle.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/clintonville/news/2013/01/14/grocery-stores-new-venture-will-kick-off-in-clintonville.html

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

Since they are claiming to be a one stop shop it feels like a poor choice in locations. If they were striving for a specialty niche like Rife’s in Grandview (across from the 5th Ave Giant Eagle) it would make a lot more sense.

Seems like everyone is opening or expanding grocery stores these days.

ETA: They are pushing local and organic so maybe it is more like a Hills Market.

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

I think this is something like what people would like near the new Columbus Commons apartments. There seems to already be a lot of grocery options in that part of Clintonville.

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Clintonville – does anyone there like change and more options?

Coy
    Coy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

joev said:

LOL!
    +1

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Hmm I’m a little skeptical just because of the immediate proximity of Giant Eagle across the street, but I guess more options is always a good thing.

Maybe filling this vacancy can spur some development on the old White Castle property across the street.

This concept also sounds like it would work well in GE’s Vic Village spot, if they end up vacating it as expected.

susank
    Login to Send PM

joev said:

+1 I think there is more than enough people and money in that area to support a high quality grocery. It is also on a High Street bus line so easy access to OSU students.

mrpoppinzs
    Login to Send PM

heresthecasey said:

This concept also sounds like it would work well in GE’s Vic Village spot, if they end up vacating it as expected.

That or a Trader Joe’s would be great.

It sounds a lot like a Hills Market, including hot prepared foods but stresses that they have low prices on their local and organic foods. Will be interesting to see.

http://luckysfarmersmarket.com/aboutus.html

We provide the best in quality foods at the lowest prices in town. At the center of our market is our extensive fresh produce offering along with top quality naturally raised meats, seafood, fresh daily prepared foods and comprehensive natural living and grocery departments.

Whenever possible we feature our farmers and buy local, putting a face behind the products we offer. Our Organic selection is also broad to meet our customers requests.

The Center of the Market (Natural Living, Frozen, Grocery, and Bulk Foods) provides the top branded items that our customers want for their families. The best in organic and natural as well as top selling mainstream grocery items. With an extensive specialty and gluten free selection.

Our Chef Inspired fresh prepared foods with an expansive soup, hot meal, and grab and go offering turns our fresh market offering into meals you can eat at the market or take home to serve to your family. We also will deliver catered meals for your special office or home party needs.

susank
    Login to Send PM

^ That sounds really, really good. I don’t know how people could not be excited by this.

There is a whole section on there about community values.

http://luckysfarmersmarket.com/community_values.html

Pablo
    Pablo
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Sounds good to me too!

billbix
    Login to Send PM

heresthecasey said:
    Hmm I’m a little skeptical just because of the immediate proximity of Giant Eagle across the street, but I guess more options is always a good thing.

I don’t know, maybe they aren’t afraid of Giant Eagle.

I find GE to be overpriced for mediocre quality food. I would rather shop for best value. If nothing else, prospective customers are right across the street. Maybe it is the CVS/Walgreens strategy?

With Ackerman/Dodridge now open that is a pretty easy area to get to.

zp945
    zp945
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

joev said:

Yes, they do. I live there. I love change. Options are one of my favorite things. I’m really confused by your post. How does a new grocery store from boulder opening indicate that an entire neighborhood is resistant to change?

derwentez
    Login to Send PM

a little close to clintonville community market, yeah?

Analogue Kid
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

zp945 said:
    Yes, they do. I live there. I love change. Options are one of my favorite things. I’m really confused by your post. How does a new grocery store from boulder opening indicate that an entire neighborhood is resistant to change?

Tounge in check reference to some of the longtime residents who put a stop to various developments including the condos at High & California.

joev
    joev
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Analogue Kid said:
    Tounge in check reference to some of the longtime residents who put a stop to various developments including the condos at High & California.

And a left turn at North Broadway.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?