Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New Three-Story Building Proposed for Prescott at Pearl in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion New Three-Story Building Proposed for Prescott at Pearl in Italian Village

This topic contains 59 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Nancy H 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author

heresthecasey
    Participant

From this month’s IVC agenda (page 8),

13-8-15

866 North Pearl Street

Prescott & Pearl, LLC (Applicant) David Pigg (Owner)

An application, photographs, site plan, and renderings have been submitted.

Demolition and New Construction

• Demolish existing brick warehouse building.

• Construct new, five (5) story residential structure with 26 dwelling units.

• First floor to include enclosed garage at grade, with 20 spaces.

http://development.columbus.gov/uploadedFiles/Development/Planning_Division/Boards_and_Commissions/Historic_Preservation/Italian_Village_Commission/Meetings/2013/IVC%20AUG%202013.agd.pdf

Current view of this site, http://goo.gl/maps/5U6j6

jbcmh81
    Participant

Nice. The empty lots are rapidly disappearing. Next up, hopefully, is the eyesore just across the street beside the UDF on High.

Mercurius
    Participant

Any renderings?

heresthecasey
    Participant

None were attached to the agenda, but the project is being presented to the IVC next Tuesday. If anyone goes, I’m pretty curious also as to what this thing will look like.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Columbus is going V-E-R-T-I-C-A-L (even more).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Quite impressive. Between The Hub, The Hub’s Garage and Parkside on Pearl, this stretch is getting very dense, very quickly.

heresthecasey
    Participant

A little more detail on the project from this month’s agenda,

13-10-12
    866 North Pearl Street
    Prescott & Pearl, LLC (Applicant/Owner)

New Construction
    • Construct a new five-story building with 26 dwelling units.
    • First floor to include enclosed parking at grade, with primary access from N. Pearl Street at the west.
    • On-site parking to provide 20 spaces, including handicap access and bike storage.
    • Building to be constructed to step back from the north and south property lines at first, third, and fourth levels.
    • Building materials to include stone veneer, brick veneer and glass.

http://development.columbus.gov/uploadedFiles/Development/Planning_Division/Boards_and_Commissions/Historic_Preservation/Italian_Village_Commission/Meetings/2013/2013%20IVC%20OCT.agd.pdf

goldenidea
    Participant

About a week ago, which was the last time I looked, they’d already removed the original building and had cleared and graded the lot.

Pablo
    Participant

goldenidea said:
    About a week ago, which was the last time I looked, they’d already removed the original building and had cleared and graded the lot.

Noticed it was fenced off as well.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

goldenidea said:

Oh, it’s already gone? I hadn’t been back there too recently, but I took a photo of that building from on top of the new Hub Garage just a month ago or so… the roof was already half collapsed:

dru
    Participant

i am not 100% certain, but based on the IV meeting I attended a couple of months ago, I think the removal of the old building had more to do with the integrity of the old building than it did with permission and preparation to build any new structure.

mbeaumont
    Participant

From what I heard at the most recent IV Society meeting, you’re correct, dru.

heresthecasey
    Participant

It looks like this proposal has been scaled down slightly from 26 units over five levels, to 24 over only 3.5. Hopefully, this is able to get approved and moving without much more delay.

15.13-10-12
    866 North Pearl Street
    Prescott & Pearl, LLC (Applicant/Owner)

New Construction
    • Construct a new 3.5-story residential building with 24 dwelling units.
    • First floor to include enclosed parking at grade, with primary access from N. Pearl Street at the west.
    • On-site parking to provide 20 spaces, including handicap access and bike storage.
    • Building to be constructed to step back from the south, east, and west property lines at the top level.
    • Building materials to include stone veneer, brick veneer and glass.

http://development.columbus.gov/uploadedFiles/Development/Planning_Division/Boards_and_Commissions/Historic_Preservation/Italian_Village_Commission/Meetings/2013/2013%20IVC%20NOV.agd.pdf (Page 6)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

No real update… but a quick photo of the site with no building…

Photo from here: http://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-november-2013-part-2

mbeaumont
    Participant

A rendering was passed around at this week’s IVS meeting. Looks pretty nice, imo!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.