Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

New 3-Story Gym/Restaurant Building at Parsons & Livingston

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion New 3-Story Gym/Restaurant Building at Parsons & Livingston

This topic contains 29 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  News 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Stopped in to CVS today and noticed a new building going up in the lot directly south of it. Im not sure whats being built. Does anyone else think this is a missed opportunity for this corner? I invison something more dense with parking garage, apartments and storefronts. Also a great space for a grocery.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Spotted that the other day. And yeah, it’s pretty disappointing to see suburban-style outlot development rounding out this corner of Livingston & Parsons when the other three corners have been built upward by Children’s.

melikecheese
    Participant

I think it is more then 1 building going up around those lots. At least the CVS and Scramblers were placed up against the sidewalk.

Was disappointed to see a Tim Hortons going in as well but perhaps this type of open suburban environment is more acceptable and relaxing to people who are staying at the hospital instead of dense urban areas.

Whatever they put up, I just hope the growth continues going down Parsons. I do tend to agree with the missed op, but I’d like to see whats going up to really make that call.

Graybeak
    Participant

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed about the Tim Horton’s. I and many of my friends in the area were quite pleased however. Given the lack of business such as this between home and work downtown on Parsons Ave, this will be a welcome addition without having to drive over the the nightmare that is High Street from 7-8AM.

Where is the Tim Horton’s? I too am super curious to find out what will be on the lot south of CVS. My son has really enjoyed seeing all the construction equipment when we drive by!

Graybeak
    Participant

the cruise director said:
    Where is the Tim Horton’s? I too am super curious to find out what will be on the lot south of CVS. My son has really enjoyed seeing all the construction equipment when we drive by!

There are building it next to the pawn shop on Livingston, where the car wash used to be.

Graybeak
    Participant

Well, while I still don’t know what it is they are building, it seems they are starting with two stairwells, so it doesn’t appear that it will be a horrible one story storefront to make people unhappy.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

There is still room in the back to build 150 to 200 apartments ;)

mfl243
    Participant

As a neighborhood resident and a NCH employee, I think the P&L development is a mixed bag.
    The vehicular traffic volume in the area is growing. A planned dedicated ramp off I-70 to the hospital will also change traffic patterns around there. I’m not sure adding several apartments would be welcome due to more traffic.
    There seems to be an imbalance between pedestrian needs and automobile needs, with a tilt toward vehicles. An additional traffic signal is going in at Heyl & Livingston, to facilitate pedestrians passing between the parking garage and the main hospital. Slight advantage pedestrians.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Graybeak said:
    Well, while I still don’t know what it is they are building, it seems they are starting with two stairwells, so it doesn’t appear that it will be a horrible one story storefront to make people unhappy.

Brent Warren is looking into this development right now and should have more details on Monday. Sounds like it’s multi-story and mixed-use. Which is a much better fit for a growing urban area like this.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Nice!

I’m surprised this was able to slip under the radar all the way to having construction underway before anybody knew about it.

Eta: Tracked down some bare bones info by searching on the city’s building permit database, excited to hear more details on Monday.

“621-639 PARSONS AVE NEW CONSTRUCTION OF A 36040 SQ FT COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE. 3-STORY, MIXED USE WITH RETAIL AND RESTAURANT ON FIRST FLOOR AND GYM ON SECOND AND THIRD STORY.”

https://citizenaccess.columbus.gov/CitizenAccess/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=Building&capID1=13LAC&capID2=00000&capID3=00539&AgencyCode=COLUMBUS

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Snagged some photos today. Here:

Construction Roundup: October 2013

News
    Participant

Three-Story Village Pointe Project Under Construction on Parsons Avenue
    Published on October 29, 2013 7:55 am
    By: Brent Warren

A three-story commercial building is currently under construction on Parsons Avenue just south of the Livingston Avenue CVS. Plans for the 36,000 square foot building include a fitness center on the second and third floors and several retail and restaurant storefronts on the first.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/three-story-village-pointe-project-under-construction-on-parsons-avenue-bw1

lattethunder
    Participant

Are the entire second and third floors going to the Gym? Or… dare I say… Apartments?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It sounds like the gym will take up all of the second and third floors. If all three floor plates are equal, that makes it a 24,000 sqft gym and 12,000 sqft of ground floor retail/restaurant space.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.