Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Need an inexpensive head shot

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Need an inexpensive head shot

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  catnfiddle 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’m starting to audition for a few things here and there (way, WAAAAY over there) and have found that a lot of theater groups request a head shot so they can remember who the heck I am. While I’ve had a picture taken for a show last year, it’s a little out of date thanks to a haircut AND I don’t have $75 to get the rights to it. Anyone have any good advice or offers?

Mercurius
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>
    I’m starting to audition for a few things here and there (way, WAAAAY over there) and have found that a lot of theater groups request a head shot so they can remember who the heck I am. While I’ve had a picture taken for a show last year, it’s a little out of date thanks to a haircut AND I don’t have $75 to get the rights to it. Anyone have any good advice or offers?

I’ve got a SLR and Flickr. Flickr/Snapfish charges $0.79 for a 5″ by 7″ and $2.99 for a 8″ by 10″. If we can shoot a picture you like, I can get you head shots for 0.79 cents to $3. I’d recommend doing something like this:

http://www5.snapfish.com/storecards2//AlbumID=984981026

10sun
    10sun

About the only difficulty is setting up the booth and lighting for the shot once you’ve got someone with a D-SLR & a tripod. Pick up some fabric or whatever, get yourself all done up, setup a few clamp lights with low wattage bulbs, and take the pictures.

Nothing magical or anything; might have to do some color correction in Photoshop and you are all set.

I like bartering! :)

Core_Models
    Core_Models

pm sent.

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’m liking the options! Auditions aren’t for another month so I have time. Just getting ducks in a row.

Tenzo
    Participant

I’m thinking something with a white background and wearing a single strategically placed red rose…..

Coreroc
    Coreroc

you are more than welcome to use my studio at junctionview for a backdrop and I also have a DSLR Nikon and would be glad to help out as I am working to leverage my karma in the right direction this year!
    PM me if you need use of anything I have offered and I will be glad to help!

lisathewaitress
    lisathewaitress
    Participant

oooh…i also need an inexpensive head shot. but it can’t be cheesy. i can offer some $ and also free advertising to 10s of thousands of ppl every month!

Sent you a PM

Brant
    Participant

John Casablancas!

(Sorry, couldn’t resist.)

Core_Models
    Core_Models

Sadly, last I checked, JC didn’t actually include photography in their 2,000.00 package or however much it costs.

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’m also too short for ANY modeling agency to look at me, even as a petite model.

Core_Models
    Core_Models

catnfiddle wrote >>
    I’m also too short for ANY modeling agency to look at me, even as a petite model.

John Casablancas isn’t a modeling agency, trust me on that one ;)

If you do want to get representation for commercial work/acting though, I can refer you to the right people who do it the right way.

misskitty
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    Sadly, last I checked, JC didn’t actually include photography in their 2,000.00 package or however much it costs.

Actually that’s 3,000 Core but since you have such a promising face they can get you a scholarship and knock 1,000 of the cost. Lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.