Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NBA in Columbus ?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports NBA in Columbus ?

This topic contains 384 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Antonio 1 year, 2 months ago.

Tagged

NBA

sports

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    Columbus is Sports hungry. Whens the last time Cleveland or Cincinnati drawn over 80,000 for an event? Columbus has multiple with Red White and Boom, Ohio State Fair, Buckeye Football, and Jazz and Rib Festival.

Really? Trying to state that Columbus is “sports hungry” by citing attendance figures from a multiple day food festival, a two-week State Fair, an Independence Day event, and a one of the largest/best/historic college football programs in the country? Too funny.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

JeepGirl said:
    Really? Trying to state that Columbus is “sports hungry” by citing attendance figures from a multiple day food festival, a State Fair, an Independence Day event, and a one of the largest/best/historic college football programs in the country? Too funny.

Columbus is sports hungry. In the past month I’ve gone to 5 games. 3 Clippers, 1 Crew, and 1 Indians.

JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    Columbus is sports hungry. In the past month I’ve gone to 5 games. 3 Clippers, 1 Crew, and 1 Indians.

Sounds like you’re sports hungry. Doesn’t mean Columbus is.

thirstychef
    thirstychef
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Midwest for the most part is a huge sports area of the country. Whether or not NBA would be successful is debatable. I never thought the MLS would work, and yet it is now starting to thrive.

I would support the city of they went after a team. It is a good business move if it works.

cheap
    Login to Send PM

Columbus Mayor Michael B. Coleman wants to bring an NBA team to a capital city in which college football talk is always in season and its two primary professional sports franchises are struggling to attract fans.

the article could have just stopped right there

JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

thirstychef said:
    It is a good business move if it works.

Aren’t they all if they work? And if it doesn’t?

thirstychef
    thirstychef
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JeepGirl said:
    Aren’t they all if they work? And if it doesn’t?

If it doesn’t work, well then Columbus will move on. Anyone remember Ameriflora????

If we survived that catastrophe, then we can survive anything!

http://tinyurl.com/726wg8v

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

^Oh man, that Wiki also mentioned Son of Heaven.

JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

thirstychef said:
    If it doesn’t work, well then Columbus will move on. Anyone remember Ameriflora????

If we survived that catastrophe, then we can survive anything!

http://tinyurl.com/726wg8v

Forgot that Columbus has an endless revenue stream. Sorry, carry on.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

Jeep Girl you must not live in Columbus, because you must be clueless on actual facts.

JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    Jeep Girl you must not live in Columbus, because you must be clueless on actual facts.

Yet another brilliant statement from “Pickerington” Kyle.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Pickerington_Kyle
    Login to Send PM

JeepGirl said:
    Yet another brilliant statement from “Pickerington” Kyle.

Just because I live in Pickerington doesn’t mean my facts aren’t correct about Columbus.

cheap
    Login to Send PM

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    Just because I live in Pickerington doesn’t mean my facts aren’t correct about Columbus.

im laughing with you,not at you.

JeepGirl
    JeepGirl
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Pickerington_Kyle said:

Oh boy, you got me there. The only fact is that you haven’t presented any facts, just statements. But that’s OK, to some people their statements are fact no matter how imagined they are. (give it a minute, it’ll soak in)

thirstychef
    thirstychef
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JeepGirl said:
    Forgot that Columbus has an endless revenue stream. Sorry, carry on.

I don’t think that, but Columbus does have a resilency that helped us weather the economic climate of the last few years.

I much prefer a government that would do things to help stimulate the energy of the city as well as the businesses that are located throughout the city.

The Buckeyes, Crew, Clippers, and Blue Jackets (all sports teams) are good for the city. They create jobs, create tax revenue, and also synergy in the downtown/campus area.

I want leadership that will do what it takes to get that going. It goes the same for the leadership that continues to get us the hotels that lead to more conventions, which leads full hotels, guests and visitors spending money in local bars, restaurants, and shops.

If my property taxes go up or the meters on the streets are raised, etc, it is for the continued growth of of the city. Which is bigger than the individuals who post on any message board or blogspot.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 386 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?