Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

Mumford and Sons Show Moved out of the LC?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Mumford and Sons Show Moved out of the LC?

This topic contains 121 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by JackieC JackieC 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ricospaz said:
    hipster douches

DLDude
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ricospaz said:
    Good show last night, despite all the hipster douches

As a resident C.U. Hipster, I assure you we have all moved on from Mumford a year ago. They got too mainstream ;)

groundrules
    groundrules
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:

nobody’s geeking out that he’s wearing an Homage clippers shirt? dude probably ate jeni’s at some point too. step up yo’ game!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

groundrules said:
    nobody’s geeking out that he’s wearing an Homage clippers shirt? dude probably ate jeni’s at some point too. step up yo’ game!

I didn’t notice that at 11:30pm last night, but Ryan Vessler already emailed me about it. ;) Good stuff!

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Walker said:
    Did someone do something to you?

We had a blanket down and some jackholes kept walking over it. We were pretty far back, it wouldn’t be an issue to step around us. Some shithead gave me lip too.

Rockmastermike
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

ricospaz said:
    We had a blanket down and some jackholes kept walking over it. We were pretty far back, it wouldn’t be an issue to step around us. Some shithead gave me lip too.

GOTTA NIP IT IN THE BUD, ANDY!

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Rockmastermike said:
    GOTTA NIP IT IN THE BUD, ANDY!

Haha! RIP Andy

buckeye54
    buckeye54
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

All in all I thought it was an excellent show. I felt the the festival setup was fine and even towards the back I still had a much better view then I ever did at polaris or more recently at blossom. I felt the sound quality was fantastic and the video boards were really well done. The band played alot of new stuff along with a few of the old favorites which I felt was a good mix. Really my only gripe is that I don’t think I’ve ever been to a show with more people in the crowd having random conversations during the songs in my entire life.Not like the normal “I love this song or they sound awesome” but “I can’t believe she said you were fat” and “Work was so shitty today, so and so is such a bitch”. This is basically what I was hearing in a 360 degree radius.Ironically, the people I’ve talked to today who attended the show said the same things and they were standing in different areas so who the hell knows what was going on? :)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

buckeye54 said:
    All in all I thought it was an excellent show. I felt the the festival setup was fine and even towards the back I still had a much better view then I ever did at polaris or more recently at blossom. I felt the sound quality was fantastic and the video boards were really well done. The band played alot of new stuff along with a few of the old favorites which I felt was a good mix. Really my only gripe is that I don’t think I’ve ever been to a show with more people in the crowd having random conversations during the songs in my entire life.Not like the normal “I love this song or they sound awesome” but “I can’t believe she said you were fat” and “Work was so shitty today, so and so is such a bitch”. This is basically what I was hearing in a 360 degree radius.Ironically, the people I’ve talked to today who attended the show said the same things and they were standing in different areas so who the hell knows what was going on? :)

That’s odd. You’d think people thought they were in a social setting with their friends or something.

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I guess the music wasn’t loud enough, if people could hold banal conversations verbally.

GCrites80s
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Manowar wouldn’t let that happen.

ricospaz
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

GCrites80s said:
    Manowar wouldn’t let that happen.

+1

Where was the mosh pit?

buckeye54
    buckeye54
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Snarf said:
    That’s odd. You’d think people thought they were in a social setting with their friends or something.

Right, just like going to the movies.Usually the first thing that comes to mind after I spend a large amount of money to go see a band that I supposedly love is,
    ” Hopefully, I can have an in depth meaningful conversation with my friends about what a jerk my boss is for around a 2 hour time frame in a tone loud enough that the people around me have a hard time paying attention to the show.”

Maybe you have never been to a concert or maybe you go to different types of shows but in my experience it is odd to have multiple groups of people conversing loudly during an entire show about things unrelated to the music. People can do whatever they want but I was just pointing out my experience and how this show was different then the norm. I appreciate your sarcasm though!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

ricospaz said:

That sucks. :(

buckeye54
    buckeye54
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Graybeak said:
    I guess the music wasn’t loud enough, if people could hold banal conversations verbally.

Yeah probably not.I think that was a slight drawback to the festival setting. Although I have a feeling some of the ladies would have just screamed louder to each other.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?