Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Milo Arts Artists

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Milo Arts Artists

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Chris Sunami Chris Sunami 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’m trying to contact Milo Arts and haven’t had much luck going through the building management. It’s really the artists who live there I want to be in contact with. Is there any sort of artists’ and/or residents’ association there? I seem to remember hearing about something of the sort some time ago.

mavrck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Last I was aware, it was Susie Mann/Gee and Rick Mann running the place.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I know they run it. I’ve left messages on their business line, but haven’t gotten any response thus far.

Ultimately I’m really trying to get in touch with the artists/tenants, not the management. I used to know artists who lived there, but they’ve since moved on to other residences.

labi
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Maybe you’ve already tried this, but – how about the classic “note taped to door”?

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Well, I was hoping for a little bit more of a “twenty-first century” solution, but if need be, you’re right, I can always trek over there and put a note on their bulletin board.

To be honest, I expected there would at least be one or two Milo Arts artists who post to this board or at least read it.

Susie At Milo
    Login to Send PM

Hi Chris,

I’m Susie. I do not recall you trying all of these times to get in touch with me/Milo. I was actually quite good at responding to people.

Too, re: artists who have moved. We can’t tell you where people move – that’s illegal.

Since you’re apparently somewhat computer literate – and are interested in a more “”twenty-first century” solution” Facebook is all about connecting people. Artists go there too. Maybe you should try that. I checked – you’re not on the Milo page.

If there’s anything else you need – please feel free to contact me: miloarts@gmail.com

Regards,

Susie

mrsgeedeck
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wow. That is one of the most unfriendly responses I’ve seen here.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

mrsgeedeck said:
    Wow. That is one of the most unfriendly responses I’ve seen here.

Especially since I actually did end up taking the time to come over and talk to Rick personally. And then email both of you several times after that, using the emails printed on your business cards, without getting a response back until the actual day of the show I was trying to invite you to join.

Coy
    Coy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Crazy that they are going under, right? lol.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I love the Milo Arts concept, I love the building, I love the community of artists there, and I respect how much blood sweat and tears Rick and Susie have poured into the place. But great visionaries aren’t necessarily great administrators.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?