Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

Michael's Goody Boy

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Michael’s Goody Boy

This topic contains 53 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Kyle Schriner Kyle Schriner 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Coremodels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Not sure, but the thing that always astonished me about RA was the fact the menu was like 15-20 pages long LOL!!!

Manatee
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

What I remember most about Roadhouse Annie’s was that everything had like 2-3 inches of greasy dust phantoms fluffed all over it. It was kind of awesome. My friend told me he went up on top of the roof of the buiding with someone who lived there, and there was a dead alligator in a swimming pool. Unsubstantiated, yes, but kind of too random to seem made up.

kitty
    kitty
    Login to Send PM

Has anyone been by here lately? They have new patio furniture and a new soundtrack playing….new owners? I’ve been afraid to set foot in there after the Skully’s door man said he has never seen anyone but homeless people eat there. but that was 2 years ago.

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Did Michael’s close? I went this morning around 10 for some breakfast and it was dark, no sign of anyone around, no hours posted, and the all the Detroit Red Wings stuff on the walls was gone.

Anyone have any news? I would really hate to see them close down, and I figured with The Jackson nearing completion they’d have more business than ever soon enough.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

mbeaumont wrote >>
    Did Michael’s close?

I was wondering this as well, as the few times I’ve driven by there was no visible activity.

They were closed for three days by order of the Department of Health in September, then placed on continued monitoring in to January.

http://publichealth.columbus.gov/uploadedFiles/Public_Health/Content_Editors/Environmental_Health/Food_Protection_for_Businesses/FS_Enforcement%20Log%208-25-09.pdf

Beyond this slap on the wrist, I haven’t heard anything.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Login to Send PM

Johnny the owner (aka Gazmed Troka) is in jail on charges of raping and kidnapping one of his employees. We are glad to see him off the street.

blammo
    blammo
    Login to Send PM

lizless wrote >>
    Johnny the owner (aka Gazmed Troka) is in jail on charges of raping and kidnapping one of his employees. We are glad to see him off the street.

I have known this guy was a dirtbag for years, i hope he finally gets what’s coming to him. Hopefully he’ll sell Goody Boy to someone who knows how to run a restaurant; it’s a great location with a lot of potential.

patient_zero
    patient_zero
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Oh my! I worked with John in another location, and was a customer every now and then at Goodie Boy when I was “up to it” and knew knew he had a sweet tooth for the ladies, but that’s shocking news. I guess deep down I’ve always thought he was kind of slimy, but this really confirms my feelings. My heart goes out to this women.

Sandersen
    Sandersen
    Login to Send PM

I used to work for Jimmy V (the actually owner of Goody Boys) and I had the unfortunate experience of bartending for “Johnny.”

All of those guys around Jimmy V are definitely in some sort of Mafia…Johnny is just the guy who will probably get shot first

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

WTF?! I had no idea. Thanks for the info, Liz. If I had known he was such a slimeball I would never have eaten there. :(

Elizabeth Lessner
    Elizabeth Lessner
    Login to Send PM

He’s been in jail since early this past summer. He’s been off the street for a while now thankfully. The neighbors are all relieved to have him gone, his behavior was a well known neighborhood nuisance. This is not the first time he’s been in jail in the time we’ve been neighbors. Each of his crimes were progressively more violent. We are really glad he’s off the street.

mbeaumont
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wow, well good to hear then. Btw, love the new Surly menu. We ate there last night! :D

catnfiddle
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Wow! I wound up eating there once in early January. He made me INCREDIBLY uncomfortable, especially constantly talking about my eyes and nonsuch to anyone else who walked in. Glad I never went back despite his insistence on comping me for breakfast.

Talcott
    Talcott
    Login to Send PM

I grew up a few blocks away from Michael’s and I would sometimes go there for lunch with my mom and siblings (this would’ve been in the 80s-early 90s). I didn’t pick up much on the seediness at the time, although I can see it when I look back. For the most part, it was just the place down the street were we went to get burgers. Although there was one day when I was maybe 12 or 13 when I went by myself. That was one of the more awkward dining experiences of my life. Oh, and I remember the waitresses would give us kids Mentos before we left.

Anyway, awfulness of the owner aside, it’s a neat little building with a great sign and in a pretty good location. I really hope someone takes it over and does something cool with it. I’d hate to see it torn down.

myliftkk
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

My understanding is Jimmy V will entertain offers for Goody Boy. The location and layout is, I believe, an untapped gold mine, but it’s going to take some capital and someone who knows what they are doing to make it work.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?