Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

SuperChefs Replaces Mexica Mexican Restaurant Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining SuperChefs Replaces Mexica Mexican Restaurant Downtown

This topic contains 32 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by News News 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    lifeliberty
    lifeliberty
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve been getting there Sopes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sope they are very good.

VicVillage Guy
    VicVillage Guy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I ate their for lunch today. Never knew this place existed before. I had a steak torta which was really good. There were plenty of parking meters available on that section of Broad St so parking wasn’t an issue. Definately will be returning.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Same here…will have to make a return trip when I need a place to hit lunch. Thanks again, PZ. It was great meeting you.

honavery
    Login to Send PM

FYI, they have a website up now.

http://www.mexicarestaurant.com/

Not much on their yet, hopefully expanded soon.

JackieC
    JackieC
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Saw paper blocking the front windows, perhaps Mexica is closed and something new is on the way?

buckette13
    Login to Send PM

JackieC said:
    Saw paper blocking the front windows, perhaps Mexica is closed and something new is on the way?

It closed about a week or so ago. Don’t know if anything else is going in. Grinders is also closing. Sad as we are losing a bunch of quick lunch options. I guess the rules currently prevent food trucks from filling that niche.

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

So, the other thread made me think to update this, though I imagine it will get it’s own thread before long.

Super Chef’s Breakfast and More[/url]

zp945
    zp945
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

JackieC said:

Paper on the windows makes me think it will be something else soon. Landlords usually don’t cover the windows, contractors do. I hope it’s not more sandwiches.

zp945
    zp945
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

Graybeak said:
    So, the other thread made me think to update this, though I imagine it will get it’s own thread before long.

Super Chef’s Breakfast and More[/url]

Wait, is this what’s opening here? That website confuses me.

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

zp945 said:
    Wait, is this what’s opening here? That website confuses me.

Yes it is a very confusing, out of date website. But if you search on google, a + page comes up.

Google + page

susank
    Login to Send PM

SuperChef’s Breakfast & More
    199 E Broad St
    Columbus, OH 43215
    (614) 542-7783
    Breakfast Restaurant
    Today 7:00 am – 3:00 pm

If the taste matches the descriptions, we have a new breakfast champion downtown.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/superchefs-breakfast-louisville

Yes that’s a pretzel crossaint…

Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I couldn’t help but notice on that yelp page that the Louisville location is open on Saturday and Sunday.
    Here is also hoping this location follows that lead.

heresthecasey
    Participant
    Login to Send PM
    Graybeak
    Graybeak
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

And the next step in the cycle.

They seem to have eliminated their off hour (11-12 and 2-3) specials, and a sign on front door states they are no longer open on Mondays.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Login to Send PM

I forgot to mention that I went here two weeks for lunch. Placed a to-go order at the counter for two CU employees and myself and something got screwed up and it took a full 35 minutes to get a burger. They weren’t that busy, and I don’t think that long of wait is the norm as there were other people coming in and ordering after me and getting their food within 10-15 minutes and leaving. Oof. Next time I’ll know to call ahead.

Delays aside, I ordered the Sweet & Sour Burger, topped with pulled pork, sour glaze and hot crab spread. And it was every bit as good as it sounds.

http://mysuperchefs.com/menu/superchef%E2%80%99s-sweet-sour-burger-w-fries

Cant wait to go back and try some of the breakfast/brunch style items. Between Root Beer Float Waffles, Reese Cup Pancakes and Bacon/Egg/Cheese sandwiches on Pretzel Croissants, I’m not even sure where I’d want to begin to work my way through all of that.

Good stuff!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost your password?