Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

May 25th - DRAUMA + PEACHES + Keep a Breast Foundation

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events May 25th – DRAUMA + PEACHES + Keep a Breast Foundation

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Coreroc Coreroc 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

tumblr_ll5at3Mg8A1qi0dz6o1_500.jpg

Name: DRAUMA

Date: May 25th 2011

Time: Doors-9:pm show starts at 9:30

Venue: The Bluestone formerly BoMA

Tickets: $25 advance and $30 at the door

Available at: Evolved Body Art, Rendezvous Hair Salon, Torso, and the Garden. Online at http://www.liveatthebluestone.com

This Wednesday May 25th will be the first ever, but far from the last DRAUMA event. Born as the Bitchy Sister party to the annual halloween and fetish ball TRAUMA presented by Evolved Body Art this show will bring a sexier and more fashion forward spin on the 10 year vetran. This years event will be headlined by Peaches who will be traveling all the way from Berlin just for this one off show in Columbus. Know what it took to secure this booking I know that we are a lucky city to have her performing in the 614. Add to that the entire event profit or not is dedicated to fully supporting the Keep a Breast foundation and spreading cancer awareness to a younger generation. We are proud to have partnered with such a great charity and hope to do more with them as the event matures.

Fashion shows will be presented by: (10pm sharp)

Rendezvous Hair Salon

Anti.Label (Kelly Martin)of project runway fame

LH by Lindsay Hearts

Label Yourself Clothing (Crys Lappie)

Army of Won (Coreroc/Ashley Voss) 12:45 upstairs

Performance art by:

NINA WEST + Friends

Gravity Plays Favorite

Cherry La Voix

Kristina Isabelle

Troupe Infinity

Debra Shade

4 areas of music and fashion forward dance parties with performances by:

PEACHES

Terry Mullan

Dj BabyBoombox (moxy)

Dj Coreroc

DJ Drastic

Ill Atmospherics

G. Finesse and the N.S. Crew

DJ PUSH

Rocket Nerd

Lydia Beatz

Network EDM

Hawstyle x Glitch

Dj Fashion Mullet

Dj Scotty Cockblock

This will be the fashion event of the year to date!

Dress to impress!

Be Yourself!

and Let LOOSE!!!

DRAUMA

fun..fashion….FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@DRAUMAcolumbus on Twitter

DRAUMA.tumblr.com for news, hype, and information!!!

Schoolboy
    Schoolboy
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

I’ve been trying to book Peaches for years

ColumbusLivePhoto
    ColumbusLivePhoto
    Login to Send PM

I can’t wait for this event

12:45 upstairs, good to know :)
    Do you have the approx times/locations for the rest of the event? I’ll be there shooting and would love to be able to plot out my evening before hand.

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

Schoolboy wrote >>

@ Schoolboy booking her was no easy task
    @CLP We will have schedules posted all around the venue. I can say that all of the runway shows will happen betweeen 10pm and 11:30 with Nina West performances peppered throughout and that will be on the main stage.

I’m not sure if your familiar with Gravity Plays Favorite, but they are an amazing dual pole dancing act from St. Louis. youtube them and I promise you will not want to miss taking photos of their act.

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

Schoolboy wrote >>

@ Schoolboy booking her was no easy task
    @CLP We will have schedules posted all around the venue. I can say that all of the runway shows will happen betweeen 10pm and 11:30 with Nina West performances peppered throughout and that will be on the main stage.

I’m not sure if your familiar with Gravity Plays Favorite, but they are an amazing dual pole dancing act from St. Louis. youtube them and I promise you will not want to miss taking photos of their act.

ColumbusLivePhoto
    ColumbusLivePhoto
    Login to Send PM

Thanks
    Yeah, I’m very familiar with them. GPF, Dairdre’s hair show and everything Cherry La Voix is part of is what I’m there for mostly. Peaches is an added bonus.

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

Awesome Cherry will be in the Army of Won show which will be in the great room. I look forward to your photos and thanks for supporting.

ColumbusLivePhoto
    ColumbusLivePhoto
    Login to Send PM

My day really needs to pick up the speed so this event can get here faster lol

th0m
    th0m
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

This was rather incredibly awesome of time. Here are some entirely blurry photos starting here … I’m sure better ones will surface soon out in the ether. Thanks Coreroc !!

ColumbusLivePhoto
    ColumbusLivePhoto
    Login to Send PM

I would have to agree. With it being a “first time” event and on a Wednesday I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect but I know I had a great time. I HOPE to have pics on FB tomorrow night.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant
    Login to Send PM

more importantly, after spending years thinking “she has an awesome voice for what she does hearing peaches belt out tina’s “private dancer” at the end of her set showed me just how much that girl can really wail . . .

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

bastardsuperstar wrote >>
    more importantly, after spending years thinking “she has an awesome voice for what she does hearing peaches belt out tina’s “private dancer” at the end of her set showed me just how much that girl can really wail . . .

That was such a great way to end her set and she gave that song some serious business.

Coreroc
    Coreroc
    Login to Send PM

Thanks to any and everyone that came out for this first time event. As stated with it being a Wednesday in Columbus plus throw in the3 chance of rain and we could have easily had 5 people show up. I was more than impressed with the crowd and response to the theme of the show.

On a similar note Peaches had a great time and was so very into our local artist community. She begged for the Army of Won models to crash the stage with her and that simply made her whole show reach a peak that she then ended with a bang. The day following the performance I gave Peaches a tour of the city including a nice visit to the Wexner Center. She was very humble when in town and wanted to stay longer to get a better feel for our creativity as a community.

So again thank you Columbus for making a Wednesday Night one of the parties everyone will remember.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.